Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - Granite Tactical Personal Shelter

Quote Originally Posted by Nordland View Post
    any idea how large the tent is? If it can fit a human up to 7 feet tall I'd really like one.
    7 feet, no. 6 feet, yes. :D
    Always outnumbered, never outgunned

CGN Regular
    The funny thing is that in the US, Deet has huge restrictions on it- and Permethrin is considered by the US Natick labs to be much safer. Years ago the 80% Deet bug repellent issued to the CF was a restricted item for the US Army, don't think is still is but they laugh at our worries about permethrin especially when looking at how our Deet bug repellent melts all the numbers off of a compass.

And CF Combats no longer have the "don't wash" throw away etc, restrictions on them after Permethrin treatment. Health Canada has approved limited use. No I don't have a link to that info, that comes from CF Doctors.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    Permethrin is used in flea sprays for pets, as well as things such as body mite cream which many of you may remember having to rub your naked bodies with in elementary or highschool during a lice outbreak. Perfectly legal in Canada.

The pet spray stuff you are supposed to douse it all over the carpet and furniture.

Heck, i had bedbugs in a nasty apartment and I found the strongest stuff I could find and doused the bed and whole room in it.
    So after literally bathing in the stuff for weeks, I grew a 6th toe, webbed hands, gills and found an interesting side effect in my newfound Xray vision.

But it killed those bugs dead. And if you've ever turned a mattress and seen thousands of them scurrying away, realizing they've been eating you for months, you would want them dead too, regardless of the fantastic superpowers permethrin gives you. Therefore in places like Africa where the bugs are carnivorous and love white meat, I would not hesitate to use a permethrin tent either, unless you like malaria and horrible festering pustule wounds from strange and exotic insects the size of rats.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordland View Post
    any idea how large the tent is? If it can fit a human up to 7 feet tall I'd really like one.
    WOW, do you know Bigfoot or something?

Shawn

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    WOW, do you know Bigfoot or something?

Shawn
    Maybe he wants to wear his 6" heels?

Quote Originally Posted by Until the Angels Fall View Post
    Maybe he wants to wear his 6" heels?
    And his Abraham Lincoln hat

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tom_Swift's Avatar
    Maybe we can get the non chemically treated ones. What's the price point on maybe a CGN group buy? Can we get them in a cool camo colour like ATACs, Multicam, or CADPAT?

Permethrin was highly recommended to me for use on my outer hunting clothes before going to Africa. I didn't drink it or marinate myself in the stuff, I carefully applied it as per the directions and observed the safety precautions.

It isn't just for mosquitos...there are anti-malaria preventatives for that. The intent was to repel ticks, which at certain times of the year in many localities are a big problem, and can transmit tick-bite fever, which you do not want (a variation on Lyme disease).

If you're worried, then start to make a practice of reading the WHMIS data sheets on various workplace chemicals and solutions. You will then never leave the house. And if you do a little bit of research on domestic cleaning agents, paints, polishes, etc. you will wind up living in a tent in the Yukon.

Don't get me started on food preservatives and additives.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345