Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long can restricted transfers take?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    well i did a transfer for an ar 15 this summer that i purchased in winnipeg 15 minuts and was leaving the store back to ontario but now iam waiting 6 going on 7 weeks for my transfer for my beretta 96 i bought here on cgn so go figure iam calling tommorrow
    ouch! 7 weeks?!
    ugh, there's gotta be something we can do to help move the transfer along, even if i have to go there and print everything out myself at the office.
    Technology will light the way forward.

Someone posted in another thread that they called their MP and they helped.
    KCCC | RRGC

More than a single box of ammunition is "thousands of rounds" or a cache. More than two guns is an "arsenal".

officially according to Ontario CFO is 4-6 weeks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer The_Sicilian's Avatar
    My request for a restricted out of province, private sale went in on the 16th of Feb. I was told to expect 15 business days for it to be processed. Today they transferred me to the CFO and someone very helpful said they would look after it this afternoon.

Here's hoping...
    CCFR Member

BANNED
    i come to observe that its longer for private sales than it is for sales from a dealer.
    maybe they're mad that they're not getting any taxes out of a private sale...

My last purchase through a dealer was this week and took 4 business days. But my purchase from a private seller has been almost 2 weeks and still not completed.

My first restricted purchase is going on 2 weeks tomorrow. Its driving me crazy. I cant wait to get it and its taking so long. Hope it clears soon.
    It is the Soldier: Not the minister Who gave us freedom of religion. Not the reporter Who gave us freedom of the press. Not the poet Who gave us freedom of speech Not the campus organizer Who gave us freedom to protest Not the lawyer Who gave us the right to a fair trial Not the politician Who gave us the right to vote It is the soldier who salutes the flag,Who serves beneath the flag, Whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows protesters to burn the flag Adapted from Charles M. Province

Smile Waiting for first restricted firearm to transfer from retailer some positive news

I found myself on this thread last week as I was waiting for my first restricted firearm to be delivered. This may not be as much of an issue anymore with the better transfer rules in place and the end of the old "request for ATT era" and the replacement in September 2015 with the conditions to transport put right on your PAL, but i thought I would share my experience in the event that some newbie finds it helpful.

I waited for just over a week after ordering a revolver online. Then I reached out to my gun club and asked the guy there to clarify for me if he thought I had missed a step in the process. He was very helpful and sent me links to articles about the changes that came about because of Bill C.42. Most helpful however he gave me the phone number for the Ontario Chief Firearms Officer CFO and I called there 1-800-731-4000. The officer I spoke to at the CFO was very helpful. She pulled up my file, emailed me off the Transfer Notification and verified that she has just processed the transfer notification for the gun shop retailer. This conversation happened on Tuesday Morning, and two days later, on Thursday afternoon, Canada Post delivered my gun.

Like I said the CFO I spoke with was very friendly, she made some small talk about it being a busy time and spoke positively about the growing interest in sport shooting by people and families. Honestly it wasn't what I expected from a Government office, I was pleasantly surprised.

Final shout out to Bulls Eye of London Ontario, a fantastic gun retailer, these guys couldn't have made the purchase of my first restricted gun any easier. Their online system is excellent for searching and super easy to order from. People also reply to your email questions the same day. I can't say enough good things about their selection, their prices, and their customer service.

In Quebec, pistols usually take 1-3days and AR's 2-4weeks.

Sold a stripped lower to a CGNer who is defending our country and lives in the Yukon in the first week of January. Approved this morning, basically six weeks later.

It was recently 4 weeks to someone in Ontario. That being said, going into AB or BC it seems usually 1-2 days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123