Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Review Russian SKS rifles from www.westrifle.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Woodbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAR 701 View Post
    I quite enjoyed my experience with West Rifle. I had ordered an all matching 1954 Izzy which was non-refurbished. The rifle I received looked even better than the photos posted on line, the shipping was quick and the service was beyond expectations. I in fact just ordered a non-refurb all matching 1953 Izzy to fill another hole in my collection. When one is looking for top notch rifles as I am, I can not afford to roll the dice with the other retailers and hope to get something nice that fills a hole in my collection. With West Rifle you know exactly what you are getting when you order from the special selection page.
    That 53 un-refurbed Izzy is a nice one!! if I did'nt already have one I would have grabbed it too.

It does look quite good and I can hardly wait till it arrives!

1. Quality of Russian SKS that you received? Top notch, non-refurb, all matching
    2. What sort of accuracy do you get ? Have not shot rifle bought from you yet. Other russian SKS rifles I have average 4 MOA
    3. Shipping time from the time payment was received by us? Very fast, had the rifle in 5 business days
    4. Did you use EMT , Personal cheque or Money order? EMT
    5. Did we answer all of your questions before you order? I did not have any questions, but the gentleman I dealt with on the phone for shipping concerns was polite and easy to deal with.
    6. Would you recommend us to to other CGN users? Most definitely!
    7. Would you buy from us again? Hell ya!
    8. How would you rate our website? 1 - 5 RATINGS I would rate it a 3.5. I would like to see a shopping cart system put on as well as the ability to handle credit card payments. I like how the special selection page is set up.
    Of all the things in life I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Thank you Dar 701.

Quote Originally Posted by DAR 701 View Post
    It does look quite good and I can hardly wait till it arrives!

1. Quality of Russian SKS that you received? Top notch, non-refurb, all matching
    2. What sort of accuracy do you get ? Have not shot rifle bought from you yet. Other russian SKS rifles I have average 4 MOA
    3. Shipping time from the time payment was received by us? Very fast, had the rifle in 5 business days
    4. Did you use EMT , Personal cheque or Money order? EMT
    5. Did we answer all of your questions before you order? I did not have any questions, but the gentleman I dealt with on the phone for shipping concerns was polite and easy to deal with.
    6. Would you recommend us to to other CGN users? Most definitely!
    7. Would you buy from us again? Hell ya!
    8. How would you rate our website? 1 - 5 RATINGS I would rate it a 3.5. I would like to see a shopping cart system put on as well as the ability to handle credit card payments. I like how the special selection page is set up.
    CHECK OUT WEBSITE TODAY. WE ARE ADDING NEW PRODUCTS EVERY DAY.

WWW.WESTRIFLE.COM

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=437599

Жизнь хороша, если есть ППШ! И совсем без проблем, если есть АКМ

BANNED
    I have a question about his rifles. He claims most of them are non-refurbished but I'm seeing a lot of early (pre-55) rifles with laminated stocks, which tells me that they have to be replacements since the rifles were issued with hardwood stocks prior to 55.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by nestle View Post
    I have a question about his rifles. He claims most of them are non-refurbished but I'm seeing a lot of early (pre-55) rifles with laminated stocks, which tells me that they have to be replacements since the rifles were issued with hardwood stocks prior to 55.
    Most on the webpage are, I got a 1956 non refurb with factory laminate stock. There are different levels of refurb too, Non of his are painted which is a bonus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Woodbeef's Avatar
    I counted 12 out of 42 on the special sks page. So a little more than 25% are refurbs. That's a pretty low number compared to what you'll find elsewhere.

BANNED
    How do you tell if it is refurb or not?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    How do you tell if it is refurb or not?
    non refurbs are

-not painted
    -not force matched
    -no [/] or <> stamp on the gun
    -original stock with factory proof mark on the right side of the butt stock

Well my tula 1951 have,

no black bolt
    no XXXX on stock
    no refurb marks on receiver cover
    And the inspector stamp on the right side of the stock.

So far,seem to be unissued.

Expired Business Member
    The key word is "most" I have some that have replaced stock. I even had some with XXXX but i picked up every single rifle and made sure that the quality of the rifle is superb. I basically did quality control before it left to Canada myself. What I always claimed is the quality. Not all of my rifles non furbished. I had a category of non refurbished ones but I scrapped that.