Thread: Review Russian SKS rifles from www.westrifle.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Woodbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsiwy View Post
    non refurbs are

-not painted
    -not force matched
    -no [/] or <> stamp on the gun
    -original stock with factory proof mark on the right side of the butt stock
    Also look for inspection cartouches around the front cross bolt.

YES, "WOODBEEF" IS RIGHT.

If you don't see any inspection cartouches (or faded one's) around the cross bolt head on right side, this stock have been sanded, and, it's automatiquely a refurb SKS.

Before 1955, all unrefurb SKS have a solid stock, and on left side of the butt stock, same serial number than the receiver without any barred one, same date and arsenal cartouche than the top of the receiver. These 3 markings have to be very sharply punched true the stock varnish.

And, on the right butt stock side, the final inspection cartouche should be there, clear and not sanded.

After 1955, on unrefurb rifle, you will see solid and laminated stock with only a serial number on left side of the butt stock, whitout any barred one's, AND VERY IMPORTANT, all inspection cartouches should be very visible around cross bolt head on the right side of the forearm, and FINAL INSPECTION cartouche should be there on the right side.

I hope these informations will help you to select a nice rifle.

One thing not 1955 it is included in 1954 and some 1953. I have seen all the markings and no refurbished marks as early as 1953. Mass production of laminated started in 1954.

Quote Originally Posted by weimajack View Post

If you don't see any inspection cartouches (or faded one's) around the cross bolt head on right side, this stock have been sanded, and, it's automatiquely a refurb SKS.

Before 1955, all unrefurb SKS have a solid stock, and on left side of the butt stock, same serial number than the receiver without any barred one, same date and arsenal cartouche than the top of the receiver. These 3 markings have to be very sharply punched true the stock varnish.

And, on the right butt stock side, the final inspection cartouche should be there, clear and not sanded.

After 1955, on unrefurb rifle, you will see solid and laminated stock with only a serial number on left side of the butt stock, whitout any barred one's, AND VERY IMPORTANT, all inspection cartouches should be very visible around cross bolt head on the right side of the forearm, and FINAL INSPECTION cartouche should be there on the right side.

CHECK OUT WEBSITE TODAY. WE ARE ADDING NEW PRODUCTS EVERY DAY.

WWW.WESTRIFLE.COM

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=437599

Жизнь хороша, если есть ППШ! И совсем без проблем, если есть АКМ

I just got a beautiful SKS in the mail today(Feb.16). The order was placed on Feb. 7 and shipped across the country to Hamilton Ontario. Four of those days really don't count because my expresspost moneyorder had to arrive before the item was sent. I'm very pleased with the service and the rifle looks almost too nice to shoot. Also wanted to mention all the component numbers match and the barrel is pristine.

Westrifle is highly recommended.

BANNED
    What do these inspection cartouches on the stock look like? Rhomboids like: <>?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nestle View Post
    No it is not <> it is kind of like Russian letter F. I don't know how to explained it you have to see a picture.

Ps I think Dsiwy posted picture of that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by nestle View Post
    The ones around the cross bolt look like <> with letters inside

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsiwy View Post
    The ones around the cross bolt look like <> with letters inside
    Ohh yes those. Sometimes those have numbers too.

Expired Business Member
    One thing is not sanded replaced to a new stock. I don't think they sand those.

Quote Originally Posted by weimajack View Post

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    One thing is not sanded replaced to a new stock. I don't think they sand those.
    I have a refurb with a sanded stock "its pretty nice since theres no xxxxxxs, since they sanded off the old ser# and put the new one on"