Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Review Russian SKS rifles from www.westrifle.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Gas tube can not be stamp since it might dent it, so they electic penciled it. Sounds like its a "non" refurb to me :D CONGRATES!

"The stamps are factory insp stamps"

BANNED
    Thanks for the clarification. Overall I'm very happy, 4.5/5 but the rifle is a little rougher than I expected. I guess half a century of storage does that to a gun with a delicate blued finish.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by nestle View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Overall I'm very happy, 4.5/5 but the rifle is a little rougher than I expected. I guess half a century of storage does that to a gun with a delicate blued finish.
    If the blueing is to good it will look fake

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Vimy Ridge's Avatar

Thumbs up

I haven't bought one yet, but if I did I would definitely pay extra to see a handful of decent pictures of the exact rifle I was buying. That's fantastic! Hope you guys expand to other firearm types in the future.

Expired Business Member
    What other rifles do you want Vimy Ridge? I specialize in Russian only for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimy Ridge View Post
    I haven't bought one yet, but if I did I would definitely pay extra to see a handful of decent pictures of the exact rifle I was buying. That's fantastic! Hope you guys expand to other firearm types in the future.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Vimy Ridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    What other rifles do you want Vimy Ridge? I specialize in Russian only for now.
    Well I'm mainly a milsurp guy, there must be whacks of milsurps still laying around in Russia. If you are importing some suggestions - the SVT40's are really popular right now, Mosins never seem go out of style, and the Russian captured K98's have all dried up in Canada.

Not sure if it's doable but surplus ammo to feed all the pigs is always in demand. It would be great if someone could finally get Wolf ammo approved for importation for example.

As far as Russian sporting guns go, I have no idea if there is a demand out there or not. I assume someone is still importing Baikal products. What about Izhmash? Check out their website, they make some cool looking sporting rifles. (excluding the unobtainium so-called "AK variants" of course)

Record Hunting Rifle in 7.62x54R or .308Win.

Bars 4-1 Hunting Rifle in 7.62x39 & .223Rem.

Best of luck in your venture. (and apologies for the thread hijacking)
    Last edited by Vimy Ridge; 02-23-2010 at 04:31 AM.

Expired Business Member
    No problem. I will look into that
    Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimy Ridge View Post
    Well I'm mainly a milsurp guy, there must be whacks of milsurps still laying around in Russia. If you are importing some suggestions - the SVT40's are really popular right now, Mosins never seem go out of style, and the Russian captured K98's have all dried up in Canada.

Not sure if it's doable but surplus ammo to feed all the pigs is always in demand. It would be great if someone could finally get Wolf ammo approved for importation for example.

As far as Russian sporting guns go, I have no idea if there is a demand out there or not. I assume someone is still importing Baikal products. What about Izhmash? Check out their website, they make some cool looking sporting rifles. (excluding the unobtainium so-called "AK variants" of course)

Record Hunting Rifle in 7.62x54R or .308Win.

Bars 4-1 Hunting Rifle in 7.62x39 & .223Rem.

Best of luck in your venture. (and apologies for the thread hijacking)

Packaging

I see you are still shipping with the sling, ammo pouch and oil kit floating around in the box. I guess it was just me who had a problem with that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Woodbeef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max-4 View Post
    I see you are still shipping with the sling, ammo pouch and oil kit floating around in the box. I guess it was just me who had a problem with that.
    Mine was secured,no floating problems upon arrival.

Received my second rifle from West Rifle last night. A non-refurb 1953 all matching Izhevsk. Looks even better than in the photos! The sling, oil bottle/pouch and ammo pouch with the stripper clips and cleaning kit were taped down inside the box to prevent movement. Once again I am very happy with the service and the product and look forward to my next purchase.
    Of all the things in life I have lost, I miss my mind the most.