Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Review Russian SKS rifles from www.westrifle.com

Hi Sergey, any idea when the SVT's are landing, and can you drop a hint as to the price. Cheers.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sergey96 View Post
    Let me guess SKS
    you bet!

I know an SKS will be my next purchase, I just have to convince the parents I need another one

I've got my eye on one of them. It seems to have a gold bayonet. I'm just curious at what that gold finish comes from? I know Titanium Nitrate is gold, but I doubt the Russians did that :D

gold finish?

mine had that too.. I'm pretty sure that's just some dried cosmoline still on there. After going over it with some different things I could see it starting to come off onto the paper towel.

I ended up boiling the bayonet and hitting it with a scrubbie pad. Took it right off (with some elbow grease) and looks good as new!

YMMV however
    “How shall the new environment be programmed?
    It all happened so slowly that most men failed to realize that anything had happened at all.”

Expired Business Member
    It is a protective cover for parade sks. I don't know what is it.

Quote Originally Posted by nufros View Post
    mine had that too.. I'm pretty sure that's just some dried cosmoline still on there. After going over it with some different things I could see it starting to come off onto the paper towel.

I ended up boiling the bayonet and hitting it with a scrubbie pad. Took it right off (with some elbow grease) and looks good as new!

YMMV however

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    It is a protective cover for parade sks. I don't know what is it.
    Whatever that gold colored coating is, it looks good to me and makes my SKS a little different from the others.

I usually choose my equipment based on function, performance and quality, not price or cosmetics, but make an exception for this gold colored bayonet. It so happens this gold bayonet is attached to my unrefurbed 51 Tula, which looks like it was hardly shot (if ever). It's condition supports Westrifle's comment that my 51 was a parade rifle, a few handling marks and scuffs is all.

The few gold bayonet equipped SKS's I've seen look like they were unrefurbed as well.

Expired Business Member
    It took as a lot longer than we expected but the good news we can accept Visa MasterCard and American Express.
    There is a website update that someone is working on.
    Thank you for everyone who left remarks to us. This way we can improve on certain points.

Quote Originally Posted by cainesy View Post
    Hi Sergey, any idea when the SVT's are landing, and can you drop a hint as to the price. Cheers.
    bump.

Expired Business Member
    Hello SVT are here going through customs. Price 399 . Once have in warehouse will post pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by hemingway View Post
    bump.

SVT-40 from Westrifle

I recently got an SVT-40 out of Sergey's new shipment and had no problems whatsoever with the service, shipping times, or any other requests I had. He was friendly, honest, and replied promptly to all my emails.

I requested a dark stock and as bright a bore as he could find, and that is exactly what I got. One I press some handloads for it, I'll be sure to post a range report and let you know how it shoots =)

I would absolutely recommend westrifle to anyone into russian arms.

Here's some pics of the SVT after I got it pulled down and cleaned up a bit.

If you're concerned with who lies more, the left or the right, you're not concerned with the truth.