Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AT15 7.5" PDW Carbines

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strykrpal View Post
    Is pricing some big secret or is it one of those "if you have to ask" things?
    Not at all, each rifle we make is custom, so either drop us a line or call with what you think you want built and pricing is readily provided.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Velocity and thus ballistics reduction is a MOOT point unless one is planning on shooting COYOTES AND DEER with this thing, which this being Canada we assume nobody is.
    I fixed that paragraph for ya.:D

I bought a CX4 for a pistol-caliber hole-puncher.

PWS diablo is a 7" piston upper, works flawlessly.

Piston drive in a pistol length carbine could be problematic. I don't know of anyone producing a piston drive that short that we can get hold of.

However a side folder is a separate issue. That requires a shortened bolt carrier and a redesigned recoil system. Both of which are achievable.

We are actually contemplating other calibers like 300 Whisper and 6.5 Grendel. We have reamers and the barrels have been ordered and should be here soon.

The problem with 7.62x39 is it doesn't feed through AR mags so well and apparently it is very hard on bolt life. The Whisper is a better solution.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle
    Velocity and thus ballistics reduction is a MOOT point unless one is planning on shooting COYOTES AND DEER with this thing, which this being Canada we assume nobody is.

I fixed that paragraph for ya.
    REALLY. You planning to take a 7.5" restricted firearm out to shoot coyotes and deer with?

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

PWS diablo is a 7" piston upper, works flawlessly
    Maybe so but can it be exported out of the states? Are they DDTC registered?

Not at all, each rifle we make is custom, so either drop us a line or call with what you think you want built and pricing is readily provided.
    Well how much are the configs 'as pictured'?
    strykrpal
    Smith & Wesson M&P9 | Beretta U22 NEOS
    Whatever you do, don't click this! -> [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe so but can it be exported out of the states? Are they DDTC registered?
    Yes, a few people have Diablos here, Questar has them listed for order.

I wish you would make more of the SPEX brakes with the same profile as in these pictures at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    Yes, a few people have Diablos here, Questar has them listed for order.

I wish you would make more of the SPEX brakes with the same profile as in these pictures at the top.
    Why not talk to the people at Adams Arms... they make a awesome piston kit!
    Card carrying Conservative and converter of the uneducated!

I'm always outnumbered because I'm surrounded by idiots…

BANNED
    When it comes to these shrunken shooting platforms [ ?PDWs? CQB Optimised Carbines? ] shortening the barrel on a mouse gun in poodle shooter caliber, doesn't seem anywhere near as "practical" to me as lengthening the barrel of a larger bored pistol cartridge.

If I was building myself a dedicated, short barreled, range use only, hi speed, lo drag, go faster gun, for the short range stages in a three gun match, a pistol caliber AR, with 10 RD Glock mags, makes a LOT of sense. In either 9mm or .40, there are some mature, well developed top ends out there to bolt on to the Glock optimised lower. But neither 9mm nor .40 is gonna be much good past 100 - 150 yds. If I was building myself an actual Pistol caliber PDW, this is where the .357 SIG really gets interesting for me.

And if i was building an honest to gawd "Thumper", then a pistol /carbine conversion, or an AR set up in .45 SUPER, would be fun to play with.

If cost is the primary concern, so far my initial impressions tell me that I like the FAB/KPOS Glock carbine conversion kit
    The Glock pistol into carbine conversion kit costs only $ 400 more than what I already have invested in my G35 Glock, with mags and .357 SIG Caliber conversion barrel and ammo, and red dot optics already in the kit locker.

If ergonomics and Maximum TactiCOOL Points are more important concerns,

then a Lone Wolf or OLY AR 15 lower, set up to use 10 rd Glock mags, makes some sense. Most 9mm uppers WILL reportedly work with the .40 S&W Glock mags, with no grinding of the bolts. Reaming a 9mm barrel to take .357 SIG, and getting a .40 S&W bolt would complete the build.
    IN THEORY any how, it could be just that simple.
    BUT FRIGGIN EXPENSIVE!!!!

And for optimum Tacticool points,
    The other caliber that would make sense to me is .45 ACP, and also set up to shoot .45 SUPER. BTDT with .45 Super in a couple of Colt Govt builds, with 6" RAMPED barrels, which I built for Bowling pin matches, and for any surprise close range encounters with Grizzlies and BEM Aliens.

Now THERE is an interesting caliber.
    .45 Super, as chronoed by me in my test loads, gave muzzle velocities of:
    230 Gr FP FMJ bullets at 1250 FPS.
    180 Gr HARD CAST OMA lead wad cutters at 1400 PS .

Yep,
    imagine a .45 SUPER Glock carbine,
    or an AR 15 hybrid,
    that can use .45 ACP for practice???
    Now wouldn't THAT be sumthin'??

PS: YES I have heard of .458 SOCOMfortable, .50 BIG BAG WULF, and a few of the other proprietary AR 15 "THUMPER" cartridges, but they don't use cheap .45 ACP ammo for practice.

PPS:
    http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=441

RRA has their new piston driven, zero length buffer tube, PPS pistol available in .223,
    and their other AR pistols in .223 AND .40 S&W and in 9 mm ...
    so I'd bet we will soon be seeing a RRA PPS in .40 S&W and in 9 mm AND maybe ev en in .357 SIG???
    Gotta like that PPS non-reciprocating ambi cocking handle.

And when they hit the market, why not import some of these to Canuckistan??
    or better yet,
    JUST THE PPS pistol caliber UPPERS, so we could bolt them on to LW Glock mag lowers??
    [;{)
    LAZ 1
    Last edited by Lazerus2000; 02-26-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast