Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Italian Garand

Quote Originally Posted by Undergiver View Post
    The BM-59 did not storm the beaches of Normandy...
    Can't argue with that.

Regardless, M1 Garands are easy to buy in Canada. If you wanted one that was brand new Italian made you'd be spending as much or more than you'd pay for a brand new Springfield M1 Garand.

You have several options to buy right now if you're really keen on getting one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I would like to get a Garand in good shape that is also affordable.

If they can be put in the same sentence.....
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by john@ View Post
    Can't argue with that.

Regardless, M1 Garands are easy to buy in Canada. If you wanted one that was brand new Italian made you'd be spending as much or more than you'd pay for a brand new Springfield M1 Garand.

You have several options to buy right now if you're really keen on getting one.
    You mean the Springfield Garands that are discontinued??? A beat up but shootable original goes for $800 these days. If coming up on the EE every now and then is your definition of "easy to buy" I guess we've got lots of HK G36s too.
    My idea of sustainability is having enough ammo for your gun and enough fuel for your tank.

If you want a rifle that stormed the beaches of Normandy, get an Enfield, and a Sten....

Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    I would like to get a Garand in good shape that is also affordable.

If they can be put in the same sentence.....
    three for sale on the EE ranging in price from 700 to 800 to 1100. The 700 one looks good. That's about as cheap as you'll get for a good shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by eigenvector View Post
    You mean the Springfield Garands that are discontinued??? A beat up but shootable original goes for $800 these days. If coming up on the EE every now and then is your definition of "easy to buy" I guess we've got lots of HK G36s too.
    Didn't know they were discontinued, so you have less options. Still the price of a newly made Italian repro would likely be on par with what the Springfield's were going for, over a grand right? or was it closer to 2K once they landed in Canada and taxes were paid?

Don't be silly, true M-14 are also prohib, but the chinese repro is not. If you're going to make the effort, don't go halfway and make something that is readily available in Canada.
    M14 isn't prohib by name, just prohib because it's select fire.
    A better example would be the Skorpion
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

CGN frequent flyer
    I have a Beretta.. I love it...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySeven View Post
    If you want a rifle that stormed the beaches of Normandy, get an Enfield, and a Sten....
    I already have a No4 Long Branch in un-issued condition.
    UCP member
    CPC member

Didn't know they were discontinued, so you have less options. Still the price of a newly made Italian repro would likely be on par with what the Springfield's were going for, over a grand right? or was it closer to 2K once they landed in Canada and taxes were paid?
    Cost isn't a big issue for me, I just love the platform and would rather pay $1500 for a high quality new production model than refinish an original (which will come to around $1000 anyway if you want to replace the stock).
    My idea of sustainability is having enough ammo for your gun and enough fuel for your tank.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast