Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Millett scopes

Feedback on Millett scopes

Hi,
    I've been reading a number of reviews across the net regarding Millett scopes and, in particular, on the TRS line of scopes. What is the general feedback from your clients??
    I realize they're not Leupold or Zeiss, however, are they standing up to regular use?? What are typical problems that you're seeing in your shop if any??

Thx.
    Tony.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Tagging for interest.

Gonna try one on my 338. A bit of a science project..........
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer punkrockboy's Avatar
    I just put an LRS-1 on my Savage F/TR. I am quite impressed with it. The glass is excellent for the price, I have only used it out to 400 yards so far, I was quite impressed. Clicks were good, it returned to zero no problem.
    The real test will be to see how long it lasts, I have only had it for a week. ( bought off of frontier firearms, excellent service)

I bought the 6-24x56 with 35mm tube and mounted on a Savage 12F in 6.5x284. The rings that come with it don't line up properly over the action, kind of disappointed there.
    Deciding what to do before I start shooting. Might have to wait until Leupold makes a set of rings.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer punkrockboy's Avatar
    Hmmmm, my rings lined up fine.

My rings seem ok, just way too fricken tall. Now I am looking for a set of med height. The ones that came on mine are extra tall.
    Just a few hundred more......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I just put my 6X25 on my rifle.

Everything thing seemed to line up fine. Rings are too high but will have to live with them because of the 35mm tube. Will do some kind of cheek riser.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

There are 3 other companies that make 35mm rings. Vortex, IOR and TPS. Vortex are the most expensive at around 250ish, Ior are around 100 bucks and tps are around 160ish give or take. Measured everything up and it looks like low are a touch too low and med are a touch too high, but since nothing in between med will do. I just wish they were more consistant. Some rings that came with the lrs were good height wise but the new ones are way too high unless you are putting it on an AR.
    Just a few hundred more......

I have one on my NewEngland Firearm 280 and love it! If only it had the mil-dot.

not a trs but i have a dms and i like!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast