Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feedback on Millett scopes

I have on an LRS-1 on my 338 LM and it seems to be decent for the price. Seems to hold a zero and the glass is good.

I find the problem with the Millet Scopes is on the turrets. One rotation is 5.5 instead of 5 even, or they could have went to 6. But at 5.5, that means if you have to go more than one full rotation you have to remember there is an extra .5 mils you have to add. So two rotations is 11 instead of 10, three rotations is 16.5 and so on. It’s fine for plinking, but I wouldn’t recommend it for Tactical or competition use.

I own two LRS 6x25, since the time they have been introduced (2007 ish ??) I shoot close to 5000 rounds a year..those scope holds up.

Glass is clear. 56 mm objective and 35 mm tube.. that help for sure.
    Turrets have the bottom lock and adjustments are firm and track as good as any scope sold for more money. Mine are in MOA not mils.

I use mine for competition. They are rugged and hold up to hard use. Even for a while, used one on my Savage Benchrest custom 6 BR..and made record scores and groups with it at club matches. Changed because I needed 1/8 MOA instead of 1/4 MOA adjustment on that gun.

Right now - one is on my 6.5-284 and the other on a Savage model 12F in .308.
    They are used every week end from -15 c ( cold shy below that now ) to + 30 c. Turrets show bare metal wear and I lost the Millet logo located in the parallax adjustment knob..and, they both have a few dings here and here.

More than one guy asked about my scopes...they seen it in action and looked at them.
    All like it enough to look to consider to buy one. Good stuff.

By the way - those scope are made by Bushnell to Millet specs. When introduced - 56 mm objectives - 35 mm tube and 6x25 mag, were very scarce , even in the high end scope range.

Note also that for a time - China - bogus Millet were in the market. Be carefull what you buy and from who. Leupold more recently, had to deal with that crap, often found when scope fail and buyer try to get warranty and repair..
    Last edited by Janeau; 02-02-2021 at 01:59 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    Holy necro thread.

I thought they stopped making scopes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12