Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian BDX Reloading Bullets in stock now!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cbabes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve David View Post
    Which are not plated AIM or BDX......?
    Poster was wondering what the big deal was and I responded by saying "not plated". We were in a discussion about BDX and why I was excited that Target got them in stock.

Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of the lambs.

You can cast a bullet out of concrete if u want to if you want hard:D but the secret is in the plating. Some manf use a plating of less than .004 and do not swage post plating resulting in an inferior product. We have seen that from an earlier manufacturer, and thankfully AIM has not chosen to go that route. If you want a plated bullet thats fine, and for a handloader that may not be a big deal but if u are using an automated bullet feeder on your progressive, the plating will actually come off in the tumbler with the repeated interaction with other bullets. On a jacketed bullet the metal jacket is at least .010 and I think Kurts is .014. His cores are not soft lead but as hard as any cast I have used, as he was good enough to give me some of his scrap lead to cast some bullets myself.
    We're not here to compare apples to oranges, but to thank Target for bringing in yet another quality product for the shooters to make their choice.
    dB
    'The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

Maybe I'm off base but AIm is made in Ontario, right?
    and several offerings (the main ones used) from BDX are made in Alberta (?), right?
    So I'm thinking they are both Canadian and thats great for us. Period.
    Competition is good, especially if its from here.
    What I was wondering on the AIM bullets is I when I read their website I could only find info on the 9mm being plated thicker, I couldn't see anything suggesting other calibers had the same thicker plating. I don't think it would matter in my app. but I'd like to know..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maurice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by euxx View Post
    So? In my understanding, BDX are swaged softlead bullets, AIM's are cast using much harder alloy and they are using thicker plating then regular plated bullets (like Frontier). So, AIM made to stand the high velocities just well.
    You can cast a bullet out of concrete if u want to if you want hard but the secret is in the plating. Some manf use a plating of less than .004 and do not swage post plating resulting in an inferior product. We have seen that from an earlier manufacturer, and thankfully AIM has not chosen to go that route. If you want a plated bullet thats fine, and for a handloader that may not be a big deal but if u are using an automated bullet feeder on your progressive, the plating will actually come off in the tumbler with the repeated interaction with other bullets. On a jacketed bullet the metal jacket is at least .010 and I think Kurts is .014. His cores are not soft lead but as hard as any cast I have used, as he was good enough to give me some of his scrap lead to cast some bullets myself.
    We're not here to compare apples to oranges, but to thank Target for bringing in yet another quality product for the shooters to make their choice

EK,..what he said ....explained in a way I can understand.

you can get more info on the BDX website.
    HOT DOGS GIVE ME ENERGY, SO I CAN FIGHT OFF MY DEMONS

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by maurice View Post
    EK,..what he said ....explained in a way I can understand.

you can get more info on the BDX website.
    It just confirmed my comment. I doubt that people who'll be buying BDX bullets at the Target Sports would be using professional reloading equipment.

For most of us it boils down to the price and the accuracy of given projectile. I believe AIM is still the cheapest on the market for the quality they are giving, but I would like to keep my options open and curious what does additional price of BDX gives me?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Start a new thread if you want to debate bullet design/manufacturing. This was supposed to be a Dealer's thread where they were announcing a new product. Sheesh.... Show some manners....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Asking questions about their new product is bad manners? If so, I guess I'll stick to the old one which been working very well for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Asking questions is one thing. But you went beyond that and hijacked this thread to push a product that you like better. I'm not judging, just sayin'...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post
    Asking questions is one thing. But you went beyond that and hijacked this thread to push a product that you like better. I'm not judging, just sayin'...
    Did I? No one really answered my question in #3

Contributing Dealer Target Sports Center's Avatar
    Yes everybody, there was a mistake. Thank you for pointing it out to us and not exploiting it. The 38 super is $120 for 1000, not $60.

Once again a goof up, someone needs to go home.
    Last edited by Target Sports Center; 03-05-2010 at 08:38 PM.
    Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288 Phone
    905-888-8688 Fax
    RANGE/STORE HOURS

• MONDAY-SATURDAY 10AM-9PM
    • SUNDAY & HOLIDAYS 10AM-6PM

[b]info@targetsportscanada.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast