Thread: The Colby Shooting Club/ Shooters Choice

CGN Regular
    Read this:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=450797

Then let us know how you feel.
    OFAH, CSSA, JFAO

A wooden fire escape?!

Pricedo,

Galt has outdoor pistol range, where rifles MAY be used, and I also like it.

------------
    Jordan Paul,

I read your thread on Shooter's Choice, however my intention is not to use their store much, my main interest is their range.

What I really like is that they have automated target retrieval, which makes it more comfortable for shooting.

I only wish that BRRC had that, it could be a deal breaker for many people.

However, judging by number of members at BRRC, it does not look like they are hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    Pricedo,

------------
    Jordan Paul,

I read your thread on Shooter's Choice, however my intention is not to use their store much, my main interest is their range.

What I really like is that they have automated target retrieval, which makes it more comfortable for shooting.

I only wish that BRRC had that, it could be a deal breaker for many people.

However, judging by number of members at BRRC, it does not look like they are hurting.
    :D

Galt is my summer range...... when it's open ....... 'cause the CFO has been leaning on Galt pretty heavy the past couple of years.

See you there some time.

CGN Regular
    When I've gone to Galt with a friend we end up getting hasseled by fuds.

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalII View Post
    When I've gone to Galt with a friend we end up getting hasseled by fuds.
    How were you hassled?

Ive been there a bunch of time most of the people are really nice, except one guy when me and a buddy were shooting some skeet, he starting laughing at my buddy because he was not hitting anything. After were done he steps up all decked out in full cammo mind you (standing under spotlights) and could not hit the broad side of a barn... In the end hes the only one who looked like an idiot, us we laughed it off. I would not worry about 'fuds' real men will only provide constructive criticism and idiots will always run them mouths because ...in the end there just idiots.

Whats it cost for a membership at the Galt Range? My work is about 5 minutes away from there, but I have been told that its quite pricey to be a member there. I have thought of joining that club, but I heard its about 4 times the amount of the club thats closer to my house.

CGN Regular
    The problem with Galt is the waiting list for the rifle range.

Maybe I will get a membership, or maybe once I have a son and he turns 30 he can get his name on it.

Best range around in my opinion though. Great staff at the shotgun portion too. I just wish that it wasn't so crowded on the rifle range. I still show up every Sunday and Wednesday to shoot skeet as a non-member. $8 bucks a round isn't too bad.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    How were you hassled?
    I should say it was on the outdoor handgun range and that everyone on the shotgun side has been super friendly and helpful.

Last time I was there as a guest deciding if I should join or not I was chewed out by some ahole (who also shooting rifle) for shooting rifle on the handgun range. I understand that the rules are the rules but it was aparently a new rule that guests can only shoot handgun and not rifle and my friend was unaware. I joined elmira instead.

Also I thought that if I wanted to bring out a new shooter they would not be able to use my 10/22 but my 44mag would be fine?

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmauto View Post
    Ive been there a bunch of time most of the people are really nice, except one guy when me and a buddy were shooting some skeet, he starting laughing at my buddy because he was not hitting anything. After were done he steps up all decked out in full cammo mind you (standing under spotlights) and could not hit the broad side of a barn... In the end hes the only one who looked like an idiot, us we laughed it off. I would not worry about 'fuds' real men will only provide constructive criticism and idiots will always run them mouths because ...in the end there just idiots.
    The guy in camo was a complete putz. No wonder he couldn't shoot when it was his turn. What I've found is the really good shooters will offer to help someone who is struggling. It's the jerks who are critical of someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalII View Post
    I should say it was on the outdoor handgun range and that everyone on the shotgun side has been super friendly and helpful.

Last time I was there as a guest deciding if I should join or not I was chewed out by some ahole (who also shooting rifle) for shooting rifle on the handgun range. I understand that the rules are the rules but it was aparently a new rule that guests can only shoot handgun and not rifle and my friend was unaware. I joined elmira instead.

Also I thought that if I wanted to bring out a new shooter they would not be able to use my 10/22 but my 44mag would be fine?
    The rules on the outdoor "handgun" range can be a little confusing but that doesn't mean anyone should be "chewing" guests out. Politely pointing the rule out is all that would have been required. Even though I belong to that section I prefer shooting up at Colby.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast