Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Colby Shooting Club/ Shooters Choice

Let's keep this thread about Colby Shooting Sports.

For Galt, you are welcome to add your input here.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...47#post4245147

Thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    From what I can gather it looks like a great club to join for indoor pistol shooting.

Do we have any members that can tell us more about how accessible or busy is it, and how do they enjoy experience of membership there?

I am concerned that they have only eight shooting stations, and that I might not be able to use facility at times convenient to me- weekdays 9am -12am.

At this moment, I am somewhat torn deciding between Burlington range and Colby Shooting club, membership fees not being a factor.
    At those times, unless Brinks or the constabulary are there qualifying you'll have lots of room. And often the brinks guys will let you shoot with them. The cops won't, but you do get lots of free brass from them. Otherwise, unless there is a course running the range is generally wide open during the day. I do see on the range calender that all the wednesdays are blocked off as private for something, not sure what that is. You can book range time but i've never seen whole days, and for a month before

All in all, its a great facility for the reasons mentioned by other posters, and for handgun and rimfire rifle its hard to beat. The equipment ussually all works (unless the cops are shooting the place up again) the ventilation is great and most of the members are good folk.
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalII View Post
    When I've gone to Galt with a friend we end up getting hasseled by fuds.
    :D

I have had very little hassle at Galt over the years I have been a member there......the incidents could be counted on the fingers of one hand with fingers left over.

A few summers ago a guy walked up behind me when I was shooting a handgun on an active shooting line just as I was squeezing down on a shot & tapped me roughly on the shoulder & started cussing me out for having more than one handgun out of my lock box at a time. I had 2 other handguns on the counter properly PROVEN with the actions conspicuously open & barrels pointing down range as they would be during a cease fire.

You could have lit a White Owl Cigar off of my forehead I was so mad.

I mustered all my willpower & corralled my natural impulsiveness & calmly, coolly & rationally unloaded the handgun I was about to fire before I was rudely interrupted, PROVED it safe & placed it on the bench with the other 2 & then turned around to face "Idiot" & we had a little meaningful discussion where he learned more about proper range etiquette, respect & manners in 5 minutes than in his previous untutored existence on the planet.

He won't be repeating that indiscretion again..........at least not with me.

I should run a course in "deprogramming" & "rehabilitating" Range Nazis........I hate them.......my range time is precious little and expensive ($/hour when you figure all the range fees, hardware, ammo & infrastructure costs) & I won't surrender a second of my enjoyment of it to these self appointed azzholes........not a single second !

Quote Originally Posted by pricedo View Post
    :D

I have had very little hassle at Galt over the years I have been a member there......the incidents could be counted on the fingers of one hand with fingers left over.

A few summers ago a guy walked up behind me when I was shooting a handgun on an active shooting line just as I was squeezing down on a shot & tapped me roughly on the shoulder & started cussing me out for having more than one handgun out of my lock box at a time. I had 2 other handguns on the counter properly PROVEN with the actions conspicuously open & barrels pointing down range as they would be during a cease fire.

You could have lit a White Owl Cigar off of my forehead I was so mad.

I mustered all my willpower & corralled my natural impulsiveness & calmly, coolly & rationally unloaded the handgun I was about to fire before I was rudely interrupted, PROVED it safe & placed it on the bench with the other 2 & then turned around to face "Idiot" & we had a little meaningful discussion where he learned more about proper range etiquette, respect & manners in 5 minutes than in his previous untutored existence on the planet.

He won't be repeating that indiscretion again..........at least not with me.

I should run a course in "deprogramming" & "rehabilitating" Range Nazis........I hate them.......my range time is precious little and expensive ($/hour when you figure all the range fees, hardware, ammo & infrastructure costs) & I won't surrender a second of my enjoyment of it to these self appointed azzholes........not a single second !
    I wish you posted this story here.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...47#post4245147

That would of stirred up pot nicely, and got that thread going.

It is still not too late... :D
    Last edited by lanis; 03-18-2010 at 05:16 AM.

What are Colby's hours duri the week I can't seem to open the schedule on my phone

CGN Regular
    i just recently finished the short probation period at Colby. I think its a great club because:
    - 24/7 access - been there late at night with a friend and it was empty and awesome
    - shoot whatever you want except lead ammo
    - electronic return targets - never have to go down range
    - proximity
    - friendly people - it IS waterloo
    - fairly inexpensive
    - no waiting list

the advice about checking the calendar before heading there is a good idea
    ==========
    CCFR Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123