Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Delayed or lost shipping of firearms?!

CGN Regular
    You are worried about not even 1 day overdue?? Relax it will show up!
    Fact: in 100% of the fake guns related shootings the victims is always the one with the fake gun

BANNED
    Haha, it's my first purchase online for that amount, and CP wasn't much help in getting an answer. I'll wait and see.

My secret Santa 2012 was sent tracked and showed accepted at po, no in transit notice, then delivered. Sometimes they don't get scanned it at parts of their voyage.

I recently had a transaction that was similar except the value was just over half of yours. Very reputable seller and clearly a straight up guy from our conversations. So really had no doubt everything was it should be.

Canada Post had the package "locally" to me in ample time and then it took 3 days to get onto a truck and became "3 days" past due. As of course they adjust the delivery date.

In the end it showed "Out For Delivery" and made it to me.

So lesson I learned is Canada Post is not an exact science like UPS or Fedex is.

So take some piece of mind from that.

If you parcel is late - coming or going, you or shipper can get your money back
    If you are the shipper and it is a day late - money back.
    http://www.canadapost.ca/web/busines...ng.page#canada
    Make claims here:
    http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/pers...e_delivery.jsf
    If you are recipient, you have to lead shipper through this and hope he splits refund with you.

They do not make it easy but when they screw up they are accountable, unlike the rcmp...

BANNED
    It actually is quite a relief to hear people tell me I'm overreacting. It's just that CP's been pretty good so far, most items arrive early.

Thanks, I'll post some updates as soon as I hear from them.

I've had packages that showed "accepted at post office" and the next scan a week later was "delivered"

Their tracking sucks.

BANNED
    Just because CP says don't call us, does not mean you shouldn't. You've paid for a service and extra for the Express version. You pay for insurance?
    Better to ship by courier. Costs more and not all of 'em are licenced to carry firearms, but they have a reputation to consider that CP's union doesn't care about. I suspect CP's service is going to get worse now that Harper is getting ready to close it.

BANNED
    Well, my rifle finally arrived. It was pretty unnerving watching the lack of status updates, but it did show up. Will post pics of my new toy in this thread when I get a chance:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ike-Field-Core

Canada Post just delivered my restricted firearm to my neighbour... And I was home all afternoon.

I checked on the status online and it said "delivered" - I was about to freak and call the cops.. Thankfully I figured out who it went to.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast