Collector Status Forms

Janvier

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently I need to apply for collector status. Does anyone know where I can find the forms? I can't see them on the CFC website, and some Google searching turned up nothing.

Sorry to be no help but i was wondering Why does someone need to apply for collector status? Once you get a certain amount of guns?

Apparently I need to apply for collector status. Does anyone know where I can find the forms? I can't see them on the CFC website, and some Google searching turned up nothing.
Don't do it you are going to get ####ed in the end. If you read the form there is a section of it they want you to sign. It's so they can enter your house any time they want without a warrant, to check on your storage of your firearms.

Same reason stamp collectors dont feel the need to lick the stamps, many factors, conversation, history, investment, CAUSE I CAN.

I don't think anyone could compare licking a stamp and shooting an M4, or a handgun anywhere close to being in the same ball park, if you just say you're a target shooter and going to join a club you will not have to write an essay and answer historical questions and invite the long arm of the law into your home as stated by the above poster... but hey whatever floats your boat! Collect on !

Try to avoid boxing yourself in as a collector. The legally proscribed warrant-less inspection process lets agents of the government into your residence, or whereever the firearms are stored, and snoop around. Even if you rebuff the announcement to inspect, the laws still put that power in their hands.

I would also be concerned that self-identifying as a collector would mean you have no interest in shooting which would make getting a transport permit harder. The slippery slope principle applies.

If you are in Ottawa, apply to join the EOHC now. Tell the feds that you are applying to join a club. As long as you renew every year, you can shoot year round and legitimize your requirement to own firearms.

As far as inspections go, collector or not if you have 10 guns inspections are a possibility, but with an appointment!! The CFO has the forms for collector status, here in Alberta anyways, hardly hurts at all.

Don't do it you are going to get ####ed in the end. If you read the form there is a section of it they want you to sign. It's so they can enter your house any time they want without a warrant, to check on your storage of your firearms.

NOT at anytime
Never been inspected in 40 years. from the firearms act. Collector (b) has consented to the periodic inspection, conducted in a reasonable manner, of the premises in which the restricted firearms or handguns are to be kept;

and Your premises can also be searched if it is suspected there are more 10 firearms.
102 (1) Subject to section 104, for the purpose of ensuring compliance with this Act and the regulations, an inspector may at any reasonable time enter and inspect any place where the inspector believes on reasonable grounds a business is being carried on or there is a record of a business, any place in which the inspector believes on reasonable grounds there is a gun collection or a record in relation to a gun collection or any place in which the inspector believes on reasonable grounds there is a prohibited firearm or there are more than 10 firearms

104 (1) An inspector may not enter a dwelling-house under section 102 except

(a) on reasonable notice to the owner or occupant, except where a business is being carried on in the dwelling-house; and

(b) with the consent of the occupant or under a warrant.

Who told you that you need a range membership. I was under the believe it was not a requirement in Ontario.

Last edited:
The collector status option is a ruse, don't do it! Gives them added leverage to say it's just a hobby and if you're only collecting them it's easier for the Feds to strip them and your license from you when the time comes because you're not using them for sport shooting or predator/home defense.

My recommendation: get a club membership. Collector status opens you up for a bunch of things including random inspections and the like that regular PAL holders are protected from. Be sure you fully understand everything that entails having collector status.

Funny. If 'they' want to enter your house they will. 1 gun or 50, if they have reason to go in they will. This whole urban myth about collector status being akin to the opening of the seveth gate of Hell is a farce. The only downside is that guns that are listed under collector status are not automatically covered by your blanket ATT. The amusing thing is that few people really understand that....including the police.

Back
Top Bottom