Thread: Millet LRS-1 questions.

Millet LRS-1 questions.

I am very close to buying one of these scopes but I just need a bit more info if you could help.
    I would like to know the outside diameter of the objective bell.And the rise of the rings supplied i.e. the distance between the mounting bases and the bottom of the scope tube that these rings will give me. Even a link to info on the supplied bases would be great.
    Thanks in advance.:D
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

Thanks. But the .pdf doesn't work for me and the second link has next to no info in regards to my question.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

Here's the working link, but it won't help either I'm afraid...

http://www.millettsights.com/downloads/LRS_1LIM_WEB.pdf

Your situation is a pet peeve of mine...why aren't there are any specs for scopes and rings on the manufacturer's websites? Unless Low/Med/High for bases is a standard measurement, and the outside diameter of the objective is always the same relative to the lens size I don't see how we're to know what works without a lot of trial and error. Not so bad if you're in a shop that will allow you to try different things, but when ordering online it can lead to a small pile of expensive items that didn't work.

This Space For Rent

CGN Ultra frequent flyer punkrockboy's Avatar
    I just measured mine with a CT digital caliper.The outside objective is 64.91mm, the best I could come up with for the mount to bottom of theh ring is 22.65mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Harv View Post
    Here's the working link, but it won't help either I'm afraid...

http://www.millettsights.com/downloads/LRS_1LIM_WEB.pdf

Your situation is a pet peeve of mine...why aren't there are any specs for scopes and rings on the manufacturer's websites? Unless Low/Med/High for bases is a standard measurement, and the outside diameter of the objective is always the same relative to the lens size I don't see how we're to know what works without a lot of trial and error. Not so bad if you're in a shop that will allow you to try different things, but when ordering online it can lead to a small pile of expensive items that didn't work.
    I couldn't agree more it drives me nuts having to search for these specs!!

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockboy View Post
    I just measured mine with a CT digital caliper.The outside objective is 64.91mm, the best I could come up with for the mount to bottom of theh ring is 22.65mm.
    Thanks! Thats a huge help.:D