Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is birthday informaiton required by contributing dealer(s)for Online purchase ?!

Why is birthday informaiton required by contributing dealer(s)for Online purchase ?!

It seems that the online dealers (including contributing dealer of CGN) require customers' birthday for "age verification", whatever that means.

I am not sure if giving out birthday information is necessary or safe thing to do for online shopping. Anyone has some insights about this? Thank you very much.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    To quote Kramer:

"Why does RadioShack ask for your phone number when you buy batteries? I don't know"

Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

RadioShack is really not my type of store. I have purchased many firearms online. I never been asked for birthday. From my experience, only CFC asks birthday informaiton for identificaiton, not age verification.

I would be interested in the answer as well. I wouldn't give the information myself, I don't see how it would be relevant to the transaction.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer colinjw's Avatar
    I am not sure if giving out birthday information is necessary or safe thing to do for online shopping
    Online shopping can be dangerous in that any personal information is open to being stolen. Identity theft is a big problem & getting worse all the time.

There is way too much information about all of us out there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    chances are they want to know you are of legal age to purchase firearm related items...

WE'RE KIN CUZ WE SHOOT. WHAT WE SHOOT AND WHAT WE SHOOT AT SHOULDN'T MATTER!

It ain't the years, it's the miles!

You might ask for theirs as well....wouldn't want to buy from a minor, would you?....

BANNED
    Proof of age. Most underage types, doing anything, will screw up the year of birth.

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    Proof of age. Most underage types, doing anything, will screw up the year of birth.
    Depends what you're buying I guess. If it is a firearms related item that is age restricted, then yes. However, if it is a firearm itself or ammunition then your valid PAL information should be sufficient as this in itself shows proof of age.

In this day and age I think dealers are perhaps just a bit more paranoid about covering their respective arses (and quite honestly, in today's climate, it's hard to blame them). A government issued valid PAL should suffice though.

Are there many other items that are age restrictive that you DON'T have to possess a PAL to purchase? Knives I guess and possibly other survival gear?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    no PAL needed for gunpowder...hate to be the guy that sold a 12 yr old a few pounds to play with...

WE'RE KIN CUZ WE SHOOT. WHAT WE SHOOT AND WHAT WE SHOOT AT SHOULDN'T MATTER!

It ain't the years, it's the miles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast