Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1525272829303132333435

Thread: The Infidel - update w first group

I'd still have to go with the Nightforce 5.5-22x 50 or 56mm NPR-1. The new turrets have 20MOA per rotation which is great!!!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hend238 View Post
    Are Vortex optics any good? I know nothing about them. How do they compare to say Leupold which is a pretty good standard to compare against?
    I had a Vortex Razor HD on 1 of my 50s for a short time.
    The optical clarity and definition was as good or maybe slightly better than the NF scopes I am used to. The turrets once I figured out their quirks are great.
    The only reason I opted to replace it with yet another 8x32 NF was the Vortex is a FFP scope, and having the reticle completely cover my 5" gong at 1000 yards whilst dialed up over 16 power really annoyed me.
    IF they made a Razor HD in second focal plane I would buy another 1.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

I just recieved my second Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 MRAD FFP. Both the first one and this one have s**tty turrets, in that they do not track properly, and in the case of left windage, do not track at all!

In addition, when the elevation is dialed full down or full up, there is significant edge distortion on either the top or bottom of the image.

Their VIP warrantee is second to none I might add, they sent me a new (broken none the less) scope as soon as I had a CP tracking # for them. Hopefully they'll recompensate me for all the wasted time during hunting season and ammo for the 2 defectives I've got...

I'm not sure how the reticle thickness compares to other scopes but at 100 yards at x24 power, the reticle is as thick as a sharpy chizle tip permanet marker.
    “We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.” -Charles Bukowski
    Donation to CPC: $100.19. Scrapping the registry: Priceless.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Haagen_Dazs View Post
    I just recieved my second Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 MRAD FFP. Both the first one and this one have s**tty turrets, in that they do not track properly, and in the case of left windage, do not track at all!

In addition, when the elevation is dialed full down or full up, there is significant edge distortion on either the top or bottom of the image.

Their VIP warrantee is second to none I might add, they sent me a new (broken none the less) scope as soon as I had a CP tracking # for them. Hopefully they'll recompensate me for all the wasted time during hunting season and ammo for the 2 defectives I've got...

I'm not sure how the reticle thickness compares to other scopes but at 100 yards at x24 power, the reticle is as thick as a sharpy chizle tip permanet marker.
    No offence to you. but these things are made in the Phillipines and there has been many reported problems with them. The razor is at least made in Japan. by low i believe.

Nice action Rick, hope to see one next time I`m at your shop.

My advice to anyone thinking about investing in a decent scope, save your money and spend the 2G on a Nightforce. They've kept it simple, strong and consistent. They're worth the money and you'll never regret it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter ----/'s Avatar
    Love my NF! That being said, I can't afford to put them on all my rifles. Some wear Leupold and some wear Vortex. I like them as well.

Rick, I hope your going to produce a lefty as well!!!!
    Completed the HST level 1 & 2 pistol operator courses.

For those who will ask "How far is too far?"
    - The answer: "When the barrel obstructs the view through your scope, that's too far."
    ~Jerry Teo

NF is best bang for the buck. If your going all out its just hard to beat the S&B line. Rock solid, clear as a bell, and you can't break them.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
    NF is best bang for the buck. If your going all out its just hard to beat the S&B line. Rock solid, clear as a bell, and you can't break them.
    I agree with all except "you can't break them"
    My S&B came "factory buggered" so back home it had to go. Hopefully in a few months I will have it back. I seriously doubt that they have many that come with issues like mine did, but it sure sucks when a new toy is anticipated and having to be returned I KNOW they are great scopes, just my luck that sucks
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there