Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

In Quebec.

RPAL

Day 1 25/05/18 Received at CFP
    Day 35 29/06/18 Appears online
    Day 55 19/07/18 Called CFO to get update..
    Day 144 26/09/18 Called QC CFO to get update. The agent told me that she was adding a note to my application. The afternoon all my references got a call and license is now issued.

Looks like the Ontario CFO shut down their extension because.. they didn't want to answer question?
    If anyone has a new number or extension for them let me know. The one I had stopped working today and says the mailbox is no longer in service.. not sure what's up with that.

Try the same extension few more times, you will get through eventually.

Well,

It seems the advice followed here worked well. That and things seem to be moving smoothly at the CFO's Office.

August 18-19 Completed safety courses.
    Sept. 4 Application received by RCMP.
    Sept. 10 Received Test Results.
    Sept. 25 Received snail mail indicating missing info - test results and failed to check 'I don't own any firearms' box.
    Sept. 25 Called and supplied missing info and faxed test results in.
    Oct. 5 Called as application status hadn't shown up online yet - was told to call back next week.
    Oct. 5 Checked late last night to see if it was at least online yet - found application complete and license issued.
    53 Days from course completion.
    31 Days from Application receipt including mandatory 28 day waiting period.
    No references called.

That was pretty expedient. Much faster than I had anticipated. Something must be broken in that part of the government, lol.

Cheers,
    EZTRGT
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Gruven75 View Post
    Finally received my stamped test results for both PAL and R, and sent today registered letter. I will start the day count when I see it received via Canada Post tracking.
    Ontario Mailed Aug 20
    Day 1 23\08\2018 - Signed for in Miramichi N.B.
    Day 20 10\09\2018 - Credit Card charged
    Day 21 11\09\2018 - Appears online-intitial processing complete
    Still waiting 09\10\2018 45+ days

Quote Originally Posted by EZTRGT View Post
    Well,

It seems the advice followed here worked well. That and things seem to be moving smoothly at the CFO's Office.

August 18-19 Completed safety courses.
    Sept. 4 Application received by RCMP.
    Sept. 10 Received Test Results.
    Sept. 25 Received snail mail indicating missing info - test results and failed to check 'I don't own any firearms' box.
    Sept. 25 Called and supplied missing info and faxed test results in.
    Oct. 5 Called as application status hadn't shown up online yet - was told to call back next week.
    Oct. 5 Checked late last night to see if it was at least online yet - found application complete and license issued.
    53 Days from course completion.
    31 Days from Application receipt including mandatory 28 day waiting period.
    No references called.

That was pretty expedient. Much faster than I had anticipated. Something must be broken in that part of the government, lol.

Cheers,
    EZTRGT
    Kyle
    RPAL in my hand via Canada Post yesterday.

Cheers,
    EZTRGT
    Kyle

Last week my Son received his PAL and it wss sent in 3rd week of June.
    I called numerous times in the last 3 weeks.

I thought I already posted in this thread, but I cannot find my original post, here's my timeline.... (ON)

Courses done mid July (didn't receive stamped results , had to bother FSESO for email copies)

AUG 15 App received
    SEP 6 Credit card carged $80
    SEP7 Showed up online ( didnt check night time, but when CC was billed, did not show up online on IWS)
    SEP 24 - received emailed results,
    SEP 25 faxed in
    SEP27 status on IWS changed from "app received .... you will be contacted for missing ... blah blah .. " to "completed initial processing
    OCT 9 called in, told was flagged, no reason given. same day, spoke with friendly RCMP officer ( was flagged due to youth offences over 10 years ago) ... pleasant person, said no need to contact ref's , and approved on the spot
    OCT 15 (monday) received RPAL in mail

just to be clear, the RCMP officer I spoke with was very clear that I could have ended up in a "long" pile , had I not been lucky for her to answer her phone at her desk, the first time calling in.

No criminal record, checked NO to the boxes, yet still the youth record showed up.
    Makes me happy that they are actually looking back.

No plan is fool proof, but I feel more comfortable knowing they are not just handing it out like candy.

GL fellow CGN'ers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Arthus View Post
    Ya I heard the results are begin sent out super fast so my plan is to wait 20 days, if I receive the results early send everything together and if I dont receive anything then send in my application after 20 days so by the time rcmp receives my registered mail I should get my results and when I fax it in... 28 days approx will have elapsed.

Ruger is a good gun the only reason I'm thinking of the M&p sports II is because it's cheap $300ish for the .22 rimfire or $600ish for the 5.56 nato and since it's an AR platform u can easily and cheaply mod it down the line. Also looking into a revolver, a glock or S&W semi auto and the Mossberg® MVP LC Light-Chassis Bolt-Action Rifle...so $$ is definitely an issue for me since all those with the case and starter accessories will cause a pretty penny
    So changed my phones and lost my login info. That begin said here's my time line so far...

Aug/26 completed my courses
    Sep/11 got my results from FSESO
    Sep/20 Rcmp received my registered post with the application & results
    Oct/17 my application is online and cc was charged

Will keep you posted on the rest of the process 😊

I let my FAC expire 24 years ago and just re-applied this summer and received it in the mail in Sept.

I applied and RCMP received my application.
    After 30 days I called and the clerk told me it was received back when and it shouldn't be much longer.
    I kept checking online and 44 days after they received/registered the application, the website told me the application was approved and PAL issued.
    10 days later it came in the mail and I went shopping after supper since hunting season was already open a week earlier.

So in total ~ 60 days PAL in-hand from the day I mailed in my Application.

Personally, I think that was a reasonable wait for a PAL.