Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

When did u send ur application? Mine was sent on 28th November from BC, and it still not shown online, wondering if should call them to check if they recieve it.

They received it on Dec 18th. I’m from BC

So the people who pick up the call centre calls — are they rcmp officers?

Quote Originally Posted by GivenRight View Post
    They received it on Dec 18th. I’m from BC
    It will take around 28 days to show up online. Mine took 25 since received (Nov 9th). But when I called at the end of Dec to check on the status they told me to call back at the end of January if I don't have it by then.

This process is so frustrating.

[QUOTE=GivenRight;15576587]So the people who pick up the callejsjjsjs
    Last edited by jdmaks; 06-28-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Took exactly 45 days from them receiving my app until my PAL was issued, I'm in NS.

28 days, still not online. No point in calling eh?

I've had my license for a while, but want to share my experience.

I applied, in Alberta, waited a few months, heard nothing. Called and asked politely, got the run around. Waited a couple months, did the same.

After 6 months, I scheduled an appointment with my local MP office. I showed them the timeline and asked them why, and we had a pleasant discussion. The very next day, someone from the firearms office called me, sounding very grumpy and irritated, and began asking me intrusive questions. My response was equally unpleasant, telling them that I had answered the required questions on the form I provided, I had spoken to my Member of parliament as well as a legal advisor, and please make a decision one way or the other so that I can move forward with the process. She hung up on me. I called back to file a complaint, and was told my application was approved.

Sometimes we Canadians are a little too nice I think. My MP office was great, and said come to us sooner next time. Conservative MP of course.

We mailed our stamped applications in roughly the last week of November 2018. They were received on December 6th 2018.
    Both my wife an I noticed that last week, week of Jan. 14th, money left our bank accounts bound to cover our licenses. I sent a cheque my wife used her cc, they called my wife to confirm something on her application. She confirmed it, they said that's all they needed.
    My questions:
    Is the payment the last step before they mail it out?
    Do the 28 (45?) days begin now or did they begin way back in December?
    OR Should we be receiving them snail mail at some point in the next couple weeks (I hope)?
    Last edited by Kberg; 01-23-2019 at 05:21 PM. Reason: New information