Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

CGN Regular
    It's so unbelievably random!

Nov 9th received.
    Paid Dec 6th.
    Got through to the AB CFO today... was told it was just assigned a week ago... check back in 2 months... le sigh.

I got my RPAL in 2009 but due to circumstances, let it lapse. I only had one long gun so gave it to a friend to hang on to until I got my PAL renewed. Finally in a place to take up target shooting like I originally intended. I sent in the whole application again, I still had my PAL number so put that on and marked it as a renewal. I sent it about 3 weeks ago. Nothing showed up online yet so I called today. I got a very pleasant person that told me to call back in two weeks if I don't see it move online. I did ask them if since it was a renewal, if I had to go through the 28 day waiting period. She said yes. This is contradictory to what I have read elsewhere. It is a full application package again so maybe they just sort it in to the wait pile, even if it's a renewal. Anyone have more info on that? Also, any recent reports on wait times from BC?

Pal and rpal, BC:
    2018 Nov 29th: Application sent via Canada Post
    2019 Jan 8th: Application appeared online
    2019 Jan 21st: Called in, told photo being scanned
    2019 Jan 30th: Called in, application with bc cfo
    2019 Feb 8th: Called bc cfo, a very nice lady picked up the phone, told me no one had done background check yet, and asked me if i would like her to do the background check during the call, i said yes pls, and waited about 6 mins untill she finished the background check and issued the liscence.

Should have called bc cfo earlier : /

wow thats long one! guess i shouldnt hold my breath on mine.

PAL/RPAL recived JAN11
    ONLINE FEB 6th

Hopefuly the CFO can get through the back up.

I received my stamped course results from Ontario CFO on Friday, I mailed my application yesterday via Canada Post Xpresspost. Supposed to be delivered by Tuesday Feb. 12

I read the first post but this thread is from a long time ago, is there anything I should do now that is different that whats on the first post?

My PAL/RPAL timeline is following:
    Jan 17 2019 - received
    Feb 8 2019 - Fee transaction made from MC/ Appeared online

Quote Originally Posted by SPOirish28 View Post
    I received my stamped course results from Ontario CFO on Friday, I mailed my application yesterday via Canada Post Xpresspost. Supposed to be delivered by Tuesday Feb. 12

I read the first post but this thread is from a long time ago, is there anything I should do now that is different that whats on the first post?
    You have about 28-35 days for it to show up online. Maybe a week or two to get it issued after that.

It's been 7 weeks from putting it in the mail box. Still waiting for them to open the envelope.

Update today on my expired RPAL renewal.

Sent Jan. 21st
    Website updated Feb 25th as received Jan. 28th
    Card charged Feb 25th

So should be shooting again in a few weeks hopefully!

thank you for all the information, much appreciated.