Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Note for Ontario applicants:
    Confirmed by RCMP that you can file your application before receiving test results. Test results can be sent in later through fax or mail as long as RCMP is notified beforehand and you attach your application # to the test results (this # will appear when your application appears online which takes 3-4 weeks after RCMP receives your application).
    After the 3-4 weeks your application will be show online and they will begin processing your application starting with the Visa charge.
    I recommend to use registered mail which will let you know that it has been received and not lost.
    I also recommend to call at least once a week to see if you get lucky with an RCMP rep that can possibly help push your application through faster.
    Being proactive is always better than sitting around waiting.

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Talltimber1 View Post
    I got a reference to call in for an interview and they laughed at them and said we will call you if we want an interview.
    I'm not sure how this seemed to work for everyone else.
    Same here. I think it's all timing, luck, and what kind of day the cfo who gets your application is having!! Lol

CGN Regular
    I think everyone can give their timelines but it doesn't mean #### because it's all different! I may be wrong but all I know is that I'm LOSING MY FREAKING MIND WAITING!!!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos2000 View Post
    Ontario RPAL Timeline:
    April 15th - Sent in RPAL Application via Canada Post Registered Mail (Day 0)
    April 18th - Application was received in Miramichi, NB (Day 3)

Will update this post as I receive updates
    Mine was received march 29 in NB. I'm in Ontario as well. So we're not too far apart!

Hi Everybody. New to this forum and could really use some advice / tips

Applied for my PAL and RPAL together in October 2018
    Confirmed RCMP received application via registered mail November 09th, 2018
    Credit Card charged November 28th
    Its now May 13, 2019 and my application still hasn't been approved. 7 months after taking my money, I'm still waiting

I've been calling every 2 weeks, both the CFC toll free number, and directly to the BC CFO's office. Every time I call in I usually get the same response, that its being processed by a colleague in the office and that there is no ETA on completion.
    On one occasion I have talked to a nice lady who informed me that she was surprised my application hadn't been approved yet, and that she will attach a note on the file to attempt to get it moving - however, that was 2 months ago and since I'm hear looking for advice I'm sure you can imagine that didn't work.

I asked if there was anybody I could complain to - maybe an ombudsmen or something and I was told to contact my elected official, when I asked if I contact a federal or provincial official, I got the reply "I dont know, either, have a nice day" *click*
    I dont have a criminal record, and am baffled as to why my application appears to be dead in the water with no updates. I've confirmed that there is nothing missing in my application.. I'm not sure what to do - a 7 month wait is getting a little ridiculous. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Wow that's a long time!
    Get in touch with your local MP. They should be able to track it down & get things moving for you.

Exact same timeline for me with BC application. Mine was approved last week. I ended up writing a very nice email to my MP for assistance, but the approval happened same day so I'm not entirely sure if they actually had a chance to review my request and make a phone call.

Worse case, go in and see your MP and ask for help with the red tape delay, or write them up a nice email explaining the timeline and asking if they would be able to look into what's causing the delay.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvacpimp View Post
    I think everyone can give their timelines but it doesn't mean #### because it's all different! I may be wrong but all I know is that I'm LOSING MY FREAKING MIND WAITING!!!!
    so um,,,, i think i got every beat,,got my RPAL on the one year aniversey

of the date they posted online as 'appilication recived ,,may 30 "--i took the course the weekend after Mother's Day but a cfo had to request and review an old case # ,," when i was charged with an offence" many years ago

so now the ar,s r all sold out--see my thread on ''what 2 buy when waiting 4 ur pal

If you have not received anything as of now do not wait any longer. CALL YOUR MP. That is just ridiculous, I swear these people think that just because they work for the RCMP that they are some kind of gods. Please call your MP. Have all dates written down. Give them all truthful straight answers. Let us know. John

Quote Originally Posted by Tbubbz View Post
    Hi Everybody. New to this forum and could really use some advice / tips

Applied for my PAL and RPAL together in October 2018
    Confirmed RCMP received application via registered mail November 09th, 2018
    Credit Card charged November 28th
    Its now May 13, 2019 and my application still hasn't been approved. 7 months after taking my money, I'm still waiting

I've been calling every 2 weeks, both the CFC toll free number, and directly to the BC CFO's office. Every time I call in I usually get the same response, that its being processed by a colleague in the office and that there is no ETA on completion.
    On one occasion I have talked to a nice lady who informed me that she was surprised my application hadn't been approved yet, and that she will attach a note on the file to attempt to get it moving - however, that was 2 months ago and since I'm hear looking for advice I'm sure you can imagine that didn't work.

I asked if there was anybody I could complain to - maybe an ombudsmen or something and I was told to contact my elected official, when I asked if I contact a federal or provincial official, I got the reply "I dont know, either, have a nice day" *click*
    I dont have a criminal record, and am baffled as to why my application appears to be dead in the water with no updates. I've confirmed that there is nothing missing in my application.. I'm not sure what to do - a 7 month wait is getting a little ridiculous. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Application received at may 7.
    Called 1800 731 4000 at Jun 24, know application transfer to CFO.
    As other member’s advise, called BC CFO today( 1800 731 4000 - 9530 )After 30min. Web shows approved
    Very nice people on the phone.