Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Well mine was received August 31st. Let's see how long this takes.

"Well mine was received August 31st. Let's see how long this takes."

on canada post tracking website or CFP website?
    if i have to put my money on this, ill say all apps after july will be issued in 2021
    Last edited by username=null; 09-28-2020 at 06:22 AM. Reason: meant to reply with quote

My PAL and RPAL were received by RCMP on June 18/20. Cc charged on September 26/20. Logged into the RCMP site, and I have an application number. Fingers crossed.

I just called the CFP office.

They confirmed they are currently processing applications received in June.
    Was told to expect license by early Nov (assuming no errors or omissions)

I and my son , process papers at Feb . He get his at March ....I received my yesterday

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Damn reading through the last 6 months of posts does not sound good When I first applied for my PAL it took 28 days from them receiving my application to approval. Now I am upgrading to RPAL this week and from what I have read I might be waiting until next spring to get it approved. Thankfully I am in Alberta which might aid the process but dang this might be a long wait.

BANNED
    Does anyone know what is left in the process once the CFO gets my application? Do they do interviews and criminal record checks?

My understanding is they do criminal checks and if you are a new PAL applicant they most often call your contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Snm84 View Post
    Does anyone know what is left in the process once the CFO gets my application? Do they do interviews and criminal record checks?
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    My understanding is they do criminal checks and if you are a new PAL applicant they most often call your contacts.
    They will do a criminal record check every day from now on through cpic. They will call your contacts for an RPAL but not for sure with a PAL. Your ex/partner for sure if they didn't sign application.

So I called after my wife received hers, my application is with the Alberta firearms officer. Any idea if this is the last step? Is this after the criminal record check or does the provincial firearms officer do that part? Would like to call the Alberta guy but can't find a number posted anywhere.