Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Application recieved on November 19. CC charged yesterday (March 16) and online now.

Anyone have any idea how long from appearing online to being issued?

Quote Originally Posted by Caydel View Post
    Application recieved on November 19. CC charged yesterday (March 16) and online now.

I mailed the application at the beginning of November 2020, (don't remember the exact date), and got charged about a couple weeks ago, then got my license March 22. I never checked online though.
    So yours will come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Caydel View Post

Call in and change payment method (different credit card) and they'll approve you on the spot.

I applied July 7th Ish of 2020, approved last week. So legit took about a year

Just checked today, mine has also just been issued.
    I did call BC CFO a few times over the year, and found out my application got bumped up to be reviewed by a CFO.
    The BC office received it in Nov 2020.
    My wife applied at the same time and has had hers since end of Nov 2020. No 'extra' review for her I guess.

Application Received on: 2020-06-08
    Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued.

I sent my application by registered mail so I know it was received about 1-2 weeks ago. When I try to check online it says there is no match, as in they can't find my application. Are they still setting it up or should I worry/call them?

Quote Originally Posted by yourday2notdielol View Post
    I sent my application by registered mail so I know it was received about 1-2 weeks ago. When I try to check online it says there is no match, as in they can't find my application. Are they still setting it up or should I worry/call them?
    That's normal/not lost... It takes months (3-4) for them to complete initial processing and get it in the system and on the website
    edit: just try to forget about it if you can until you see a charge on your credit card in a few months. Then it will be on the site within a few days of the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by user7362 View Post
    That's normal/not lost... It takes months (3-4) for them to complete initial processing and get it in the system and on the website
    edit: just try to forget about it if you can until you see a charge on your credit card in a few months. Then it will be on the site within a few days of the charge.
    Damn that sucks but thanks for letting me know.

So Did my course December.... sent in my application min January 2021. Just had my card charged may 4th.... so hopefully soon!

They received my application Feb.2/21
    PAL was in my mailbox May 17