Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

I did my full PAL course in Early October (restricted and non restricted) and my licence just arrived last week. Took 8 months.

Application Received by CFP: Feb 10/ 2021
    Course Completed: March 20
    Course results received and sent in May 03
    CC Charged: May 31st
    Application Completed Initial processing: June 10th

Just waiting on the Ontario CFO and I should be good to go. Is there any point in calling the CFO to in attempt to shorten the time more?

BTW if it weren't for my constantly calling in and checking, I still would not have known that they wanted more info before processing because I still have not received the letter saying there is a problem with my application. CALL IN REGULARLY UNTIL YOU'RE PROCESSED!! I can't even imagine how much longer I would have to wait if I did not call lol. Thanks for the all the tips on here.
    Last edited by lightlysalteddinosaur; 04-07-2022 at 02:11 PM.

Hey guys. The wife and I did our RPal/PAL a week from each other and sent our forms through mail on Sept 20th. I called the RCMP yesterday and confirmed that our licenses have been issued and will be here in 10 days or so

The root of all evil, near Ottawa Ontario
    I thought my PAL wait was bad but waiting for RPAL seems worse.

Ontario - Took course October 3rd, mailed app next day (4th) and received in NB on the 7th.

Just checked and still no CC charge.

I wonder if the issue is there was no box to check off for the "upgrade" fee (just PAL or RPAL).

I chose the RPAL at $83.40. Anyone else run into this (with them holding off because the upgrade isn't actually listed on the form and having to call in)?

Thanks!

Sept 2021- jan 22 for Pal to arrive.

CGN Regular
    13 months for my wife now. Every time she phones in they say they are in the "final-final-final stages". Ridiculous!

My application was received by RCMP on Jan 10th but still no CC charge.... kinda worried

CGN Regular
    Did my restricted/non restricted in Aug 2021, received RPAL Dec 20th 2021. Approx 4 months...

I did the CFSC/CRFSC late September 2021. Application received in NB November 1st. CC charged December 1st... still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by lightlysalteddinosaur View Post
    Application Received by CFP: Feb 10/ 2021
    Course Completed: March 20
    Course results received and sent in May 03
    CC Charged: May 31st
    Application Completed Initial processing: June 10th

Just waiting on the Ontario CFO and I should be good to go. Is there any point in calling the CFO to in attempt to shorten the time more?

BTW if it weren't for my constantly calling in and checking, I still would not have known that they wanted more info before processing because I still have not received the letter saying there is a problem with my application. CALL IN REGULARLY UNTIL YOU'RE PROCESSED!! I can't even imagine how much longer I would have to wait if I did not call lol. Thanks for the all the tips on here.
    Still waiting.... passed the one year anniversary of finishing my PAL/RPAL course lmfao