Page 11 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Hahaha.

Got my LTATT in the mail today. No plastic PAL has yet to show up yet. Isn't the system wonderful?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davie Sprocket's Avatar
    I called the rcmp yesterday, they told me that my file was in order and had been sent to the Alberta cfo on June 1st. I called the cfo today since they don't take calls on wensedays. The cfo went over my app and it was all in order and she approved it there, took a couple minutes. So now all I have to do is wait for the card. If your ref's have been called and your app still says pending call the rc's and then if they have passed it off to the cfo call them. My extended time was a matter of the cfo being busy and not being able to clear my app. Both of the agents were very nice to deal with.

So if your waiting for you app to clear make the calls and see if you can get it sorted out, allow for the apps to clear say 3 or 4 weeks and then call. Wish I had done that in June. Have a good one.

Talking Wooo-Hooo!!!!!

and I quote...

"Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Centre Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)"

Holy #### that seemed to take forever, but it was right to the day with the waiting period. I thought seeing this message would make me feel better, but now I really can't wait, I want it today! :D

See you at the range this weekend!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piper365 View Post
    and I quote...

"Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Centre Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)"

Holy s**t that seemed to take forever, but it was right to the day with the waiting period. I thought seeing this message would make me feel better, but now I really can't wait, I want it today! :D

See you at the range this weekend!!!
    Whooohooooo!!!!! Congrats!

Just an FYI - everything seems to take exactly 7 days to be mailed to me from them... YMMV
    KCCC | RRGC

More than a single box of ammunition is "thousands of rounds" or a cache. More than two guns is an "arsenal".

Woo! Plastic came today. 8 business days after approval.

Well my PAL was mailed out monday so it should be here any day now!!

my plastic arrived today!!!! 7 business days after approval. Took exactly 28 days to process...
    I am stoked....

Me too, mailed out last Monday and got it today. :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davie Sprocket's Avatar
    Got my card today, now i just need to decide on what first. They recieved my pal app on may12, they passed it off to the cfo for alberta june 1st after contacting my ref's the week before it sat with the cfo till i called on july 14th and i have the card here july 26th. SO my word to anyone waiting, give the rcmp a call after a couple weeks and see whats going on. If i had called june 1st i would have had my pal june 12th at the latest. Good luck and have a good one.

Dave

Wait, can you send your PAL application before you even do the Firearns Safety course test?