Page 3 of 1150 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Quote Originally Posted by calalta View Post
    Course instructors should know better. The 28 day waiting period starts from the date your application is received by the CFC.
    Im sure they do, but anxious newbies and so much to absorb in short period things go askew!

Actually no , newbie has nothing to do with it , beside the fact that i have an almost scary photographic memory for information and details . I had him verify it 3 seperate times on 3 different days just to make sure it wasnt a mistake , and thats the answer he gave me.

CGN Regular
    HUGE THANKS TO A MEMBER "CALALTA" FOR THE THREAD "SHORTEN PAL APPROVAL TIMES"!

I did exactly as you advised and my licence has been issued in 30 days.
    HUGE THANKS!!!

This thread should be a sticky! It works!

Course instructors should know better. The 28 day waiting period starts from the date your application is received by the CFC.
    Is this true even when there is a problem with your application?

I sent in photocopies of my application and my test results, because that's what my instructor told me to do, but the CFC sent me a letter saying photocopies of the application are not allowed (they need the original signature). So obviously, that caused me a delay, but I sent the original 2-day rush to get the ball rolling again. I just hope it had no effect on the waiting period.
    CPC Member - NFA Member - CCFR Member

Sir John A. on Gun Control: "It might have the effect of disarming the person who ought to be armed and arming the rowdies."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by coldblood View Post
    HUGE THANKS TO A MEMBER "CALALTA" FOR THE THREAD "SHORTEN PAL APPROVAL TIMES"!

I did exactly as you advised and my licence has been issued in 30 days.
    HUGE THANKS!!!

This thread should be a sticky! It works!
    Thanks, I'm glad it worked for you.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneJoeCanada View Post
    Is this true even when there is a problem with your application?

I sent in photocopies of my application and my test results, because that's what my instructor told me to do, but the CFC sent me a letter saying photocopies of the application are not allowed (they need the original signature). So obviously, that caused me a delay, but I sent the original 2-day rush to get the ball rolling again. I just hope it had no effect on the waiting period.
    Check it online, if it is there, you are good. If it doesn't show up they must be waiting for an original to start the process.
    I have updated the post to include this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Danimal247's Avatar
    I challenge tested & passed non-res and res today - instructor said to wait until I receive a letter in the mail with an RCMP stamp of approval on it before attaching it to my PAL application and mailing it Miramichi.

Can I send my PAL application to get the 28 day waiting period started and have the safety course results sent when I receive them?

Would like to shorten it as much as possible so I can get out and start practicing

HA ! thats exactly what I was told . rock on .

If you go to the front of this post at the bottom of the first post it states you can send off your application to get the 28 days started then express ship your test results when you get it .

Just a heads up forgot to mention my application showed up the application check site after 6 days ! so excited !

Check it online, if it is there, you are good. If it doesn't show up they must be waiting for an original to start the process.
    I have updated the post to include this.
    It's there, so I guess it's all good.

FWIW, the person I talked to at the CFC said photocopies of the test results were OK, but not for the actual application form.
    CPC Member - NFA Member - CCFR Member

Sir John A. on Gun Control: "It might have the effect of disarming the person who ought to be armed and arming the rowdies."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal247 View Post
    I challenge tested & passed non-res and res today - instructor said to wait until I receive a letter in the mail with an RCMP stamp of approval on it before attaching it to my PAL application and mailing it Miramichi.

Can I send my PAL application to get the 28 day waiting period started and have the safety course results sent when I receive them?

Would like to shorten it as much as possible so I can get out and start practicing
    I'm not in Ontario, so all of my information is based on the experiences of others reported on this forum.
    As far as I can tell the Ont. CFO office tells the course instructors that PAL applications should not be sent in unless the official "stamped" exams are attached.
    Form CAFC 921 does not require that, you can check the box "Proof attached" or not.
    If you send in the form without waiting for the stamped results it seems like you could save about 6 weeks in getting the 28 day clock started but then you will still be waiting for the Ont. CFO to 'verify' your exam results, so exact time saving is unknown.
    One poster on here advised that the CFC receives the exam results directly from the Ont. CFO office so you merely need to advise CFC the results are "on file" but again I have no knowledge of that.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=468818
    Last edited by calalta; 05-31-2010 at 10:31 AM.