Page 4 of 1150 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Danimal247's Avatar
    I'm going to send mine in tomorrow, with the proof attached box still checked off (my instructor did it after I passed)

ok, so on Friday i call'd CFC to inquire about my Status because yesterday(Sunday) my 28 Day waiting Period was up.

They told me its with the CFO of Ontario and don't no yet. mmmh.....

Last night i checked the Site online , no change in Status.

This morning : Application Received on: 2010/05/03

Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Centre Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Exactly 28 Days !!

Yup ,now it starts officialy.

Keep calling them ,inquire about your Status even if they say to wait ,be nice but persistence . Have your Reference calling them .

In my Case Friday afternoon was always a good Time to call in , got true in no Time and they seemed to be less stressed and where always helpful .

So, my sincere Thanks for the great Post "calalta" on how to "Shorten Pal approval Times" and everybody else for Help and Input .

Lucky lol , i hope its that quick for me , my application showed up on their site before 1 week even passed , i was happy , but guess what , i just broke a mirror last night that was laying on my floor for some reason and got a piece of glass in my foot lol .

Sent mine off without the RCMP stamped approval attached, I wrote in the box (section G, box c) I will send the results as soon as I receive them for whoever gets my papers.

Hopefully that will get the ball rolling, I'm also going to get my references to call in instead of waiting for a call

I called this morning on mine after they recieved it last friday , she told me everything was in order (YES!) , said that everything went through smoothly and they had all the information they needed , however it has not been 2 weeks yet and she said they werent ready for me to do my interview yet .

Whats even stranger is after i selected the option to check the status of my application , they picked up on the second ring .. strangely odd...

meh what's the rush? i got my RPAL approved in about 25 days. got a whole lifetime of shooting ahead of me, what's a couple of weeks in the long run?

waiting for an ATT once you've got your first pistol, though, that might be another story XD

Quote Originally Posted by hemingway View Post
    meh what's the rush? i got my RPAL approved in about 25 days. got a whole lifetime of shooting ahead of me, what's a couple of weeks in the long run?

waiting for an ATT once you've got your first pistol, though, that might be another story XD
    A couple weeks is the problem of holding back excitement - I hate waiting for a legitimate purpose :D

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hemingway View Post

That was your experience. A quick search of "months" in the PAL 'in progress' thread turned up others:

I sent it 2 months ago and it's still "Completed initial process"...

Mine took almost 6 months. Called both my ref's. I also had to call in and talk to them.

Mine took nearly 5 months to get. WHY? its the government and you have to babysit them.

FINALLY!!! Only took 3 months!!

finally got my pal after 4 months and being told once that I had the wrong papers, at least I was priority when I sent back the good ones.

It took me seven and a half months to get my PAL/PAL-R. No idea why. So for anyone reading, don't get too worried even if it's going way over the 45 day thing that they promise.

CGN Regular
    Yay! Sticky! Thank you, Mods!

CGN Regular

One reason your application might be held up....

Hi All,
    First post here.

One reason your application may be getting held up is that when they call you or your reference and get the answering machine/voicemail:

The NAME OF THE PERSON must be in the message/voicemail.

No identified listener to their message, no message left by them!

Thanks,
    Sir Veyor
    Last edited by SIR VEYOR; 06-01-2010 at 03:28 PM.