Page 12 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

cfo go on vacation alot:)

I sent my app. in march. i'm still waiting for my card. I phoned my cfo 1 month ago. They said I got approved. Just a waiting game.

Aug 4th. Pal just came in the mail.
    aug 5th waiting for my att
    Last edited by smellycorpse; 08-08-2010 at 02:52 AM.

Followed the advice here, application received July 7th, issued August 2nd. Thanks everyone!

Yay finally got my RPAL today!

only took 75 days...

Quote Originally Posted by MontyHere View Post
    June 24, 2010 My upgrade was mailed , regular mail from Langley BC...
    June 30, 2010 Website said application received.
    July 02, 2010 Talked to CFC and they said my application was not in the system yet.
    July 09, 2010 Talked to CFC and they said that the dept that does the interviews hasn't seen my scanned application yet so they couldn't conduct the interview.
    July 12, 2010 Phoned to complete a non-restricted transfer and asked if I could do my interview. They transferred me and I completed interview.
    July 12, 2010 Got both references to phone in and complete interview.
    July 20, 2010 Faxed CFO for BC and asked if they had my application for review.
    July 28, 2010 BCYTCFP@rcmp-grc.gc.ca emailed me to say this:
    "Monty,
    You application has been received and is currently being reviewed by a Firearms Officer.
    Thank you
    BC & Yukon Canadian Firearms Program"
    August 09, 2010 Called CFC to check status. They confirmed that the BC CFO had application and said I could call in to check periodically.
    Is it worthwhile to try contact the BC CFO to move this along? Opinions, experience?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MontyHere View Post
    Is it worthwhile to try contact the BC CFO to move this along? Opinions, experience?
    Thanks
    Won't hurt. I called mine at 28 days and also got them to issue an ATT at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Fox View Post
    Won't hurt. I called mine at 28 days and also got them to issue an ATT at the same time.
    It`s probably in the thread somewhere... do I call the CFC to get in touch with the BC CFO or ...?

CGN Regular
    Call the CFC number and press 1 for English, then 2 to check on status and ask for BC CFO office.
    If they refuse to transfer you (this can happen) you can try calling back and press 4 for transfers of firearms or 5 for ATTs and then you will go directly to the BC CFO office.
    I don't know if they will hassle you for doing that or not.
    Hours are from 9am local time for each prov. office, and for the CFC so if you live in BC you can only call the CFC in New Brunswick at 9 am Pacific time.
    Last edited by calalta; 10-04-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Application to upgrade from PAL to RPAL was received at CFC on Aug 3.

License approved and issued Aug 13 !

I followed the exact procedures that Calalta outlined, several polite calls and had the license approved in 10 days...pretty awesome

Thanks Calalta :D

Thank you to USPfan and calalta for replying to my post. I applied for my RPAL and PAL on 6/8/10. Received by CFC on 6/14/10. Had problem as did not send in RPAL test results as had not taken course yet and rec. back on 7/5/10. took challange for RPAL and passed on 7/27/10 and mailed back registed, express, insured on 7/28/10 with a certified copy of test results. CFC received on 8/3/10. Interveiwed on 8/9/10 with one reference interveiwed at the same time. they asked the reference if he thought I was safe to own a restricted firearm and how long he had known me. Application sent to Manitoba CFO 8/16/10. Now still waiting. Patience is sure a virtue that I am running short of.

Thanks again for your help!
    Quote:JoeCWales When they were little I explained Rule #3 to my kids as: "Keep yer booger hook off the bang switch, till the sites are on the target." They've never forgotten and still laugh about it today.

IMO It is better to ask a stupid question and look stupid, than to make a stupid mistake and PROVE you are stupid!

CGN Regular
    Thanks for letting us know the progress for a Manitoba application. Every province is different.
    As much as I like Alberta CFO, I think that New Brunswick is the fastest, they seem to have a good CFO and are 3 or 4 days faster each way due to faster mail service.
    The worst of course is Notario.
    Stay on top of the Man. CFO to get this finished.