Page 24 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425262728293031323444 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

BANNED

It woiked, it woiked, it woiked

Quote Originally Posted by corsara View Post
    Best of luck, 3strokes! I'm sure it will show up in the system today or tomorrow. Keep us posted
    They must be monitoring the forum.
    It just got posted (with the usual "currently being processed, etc.........) Now I can start organizing and rehearsing my guarantors (one of whom is my brother, and of whom I am the guarantor.)

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 3strokes View Post
    I sent in my PAL Application on the 24th (but missing the CFSC and CRFSC exam results which I advised I would be sending in early October as soon as I receive them.) Talked to them yesterday asking if they also needed a copy of my Gun Club (range) membership since this seems to be a new requirement for restricted firearms. She said "No need. If the CFO ((((Ontario)))) wants it, they'll ask me." I'm doing the two courses and exams this weekend (2nd, 3rd).
    Having a gun club membership is NOT a requirement for a PAL/RPAL at all in Bantario.

However while sending in your app before getting the test papers back from the CFGO is ok.. but sending it before even doing the test could be called jumping the gun to some extent

Once they put it in the system w/o the test papers they will send you a form letter saying your app has until X date before it will be deactivated. (3 months)... so once you have the test papers back FAX them into them with a note containing your app #.

Just called. Very nice lady answered and took my information, apparently my application has been sent to the province already.

Does that mean I should call the CFO to check on the status of my application? 1st time applicant, non-restricted license, listed online as:
    Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
    Was hoping to do my interviews or get a reference number for my references today, but no luck there. Glad it's moving along fairly quickly though.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateSniper View Post
    Just called. Very nice lady answered and took my information, apparently my application has been sent to the province already.

Does that mean I should call the CFO to check on the status of my application? 1st time applicant, non-restricted license, listed online as:

Was hoping to do my interviews or get a reference number for my references today, but no luck there. Glad it's moving along fairly quickly though.
    If it is at the CFO then the CFC won't be calling your references. Can't tell you if talking to Ont. CFO helps.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Spawn-Inc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateSniper View Post

if that(changed to "in progress") just happened then wait a week and then call, but i'm thinking you won't even have to do an interview. the lady i talked to made it seem like they only do that for restricted licences.

I guess I'll just wait until my 28-days are up and see what happens. Won't be able to afford any purchases until mid-october anyway so it doesn't matter too too much.

patience is virtue, it will reward you if you wait patiently.
    "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of the people" - V for Vendetta.
    "In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    .............. snip............
    However while sending in your app before getting the test papers back from the CFGO is ok.. but sending it before even doing the test could be called jumping the gun to some extent
    Thanks, Shalimar.
    If there's any "jumping the gun" to be done then this is the proper milieu for it. No?
    I used to be a competitive swimmer some 47 years ago and back then it was a good thing to be able to jump the gun...........

Cheers

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 3strokes View Post
    Thanks, Shalimar.
    If there's any "jumping the gun" to be done then this is the proper milieu for it. No?
    I used to be a competitive swimmer some 47 years ago and back then it was a good thing to be able to jump the gun...........

Cheers
    Indeed... just remember not to jump in front of some FUDDs loaded gun

As for the app.. it won't hurt you overall since the letter will give 90 days... it just means your app will take way more than 28 day min... but no harm done in the end (assuming you pass the tests that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Artilery92 View Post
    Ok, so both of my references were called today and they did their phone interviews for my RPAL. I never briefed my references on what not to say because I never figured there was anything wrong they could say about me. Well, one of my references were asked if there would ever be a situation where I would feel the need to shoot someone, and actually follow through with it. My reference responded with something along the lines of "Unless his life was in immediate danger and he was forced to, no. It's not in his nature". Now, this reference responded with a logical response, but I am just wondering if that answer could hurt me because she said if I was forced to use it in self defense, I may do it. What do you guys think, or am I just being paranoid?

Edit: I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask how my application is doing.
    Hmm my application has been sitting with the CFO since Tuesday. I was under the impression once your references are called you're good to go but mine is still processing. Is this normal?
    Ubique