Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

They received my applications for PAL and RPAL Oct 11 2019. I called today 12 Nov and they are approved and in the mail.

So I have good news for those in the west who've applied for a new license recently as well. They received my application on October 31, and after calling today to make sure my application wasn't missing anything, they let me know that it's already been approved and they're just waiting until the 28 day waiting period is up to mail it out. Needless to say I'm pretty happy and excited about a very loud and expensive Christmas.

Got my RPAL in the mail today, first time applicant.
    Timeline:
    Received Oct. 15
    Showed up online Nov. 10
    CC charged Nov. 18
    Arrived in the mail Nov. 22

Really smooth (and quick!) process - they didn't call me or my references, and I didn't call to check in either.

I got my Restricted PAL in 33 days after they received my application. And this was after getting a letter from them stating that I had left out information. My letter said to call them or my file would not continue to be processed. I called. The chap told me that I could give him the info over the phone, which I did. 4 days later my pal arrived in the mail. Mine was a great experience all of the way through.
    All in all!
    I took my restricted course Oct, 3rd.Purchased my gun and had it in my hands by Nov. 20th. (And I even lost a day getting the gun shop to ship the Glock out to me, as they had a power failure! )

Called today (28th day since receiving my application, and it was approved on the spot and they sent me my PAL number over the phone, just in time for some black friday online orders!

BC: Received OCT 31 approved DEC 02 (32 calendar days)

Non-restricted license, first time applicant: Ontario: November 5: Application sent with signature required xpress post
    november: 12: Delivered and was signed for at Miramichi, NB.
    December 3: I can finally check my status online. The past few weeks it was not inputted into the system. On the application status on the website, it states : Application Received on: 2019-11-12.

lets see how long it takes before they approve it.

It's been 30 days. I'd call them and see if everything is in order. That's how I found out the email they had on file was incorrectly entered.

UPDATE: PAL approved
    Non-restricted license, first time applicant: Ontario: November 5: Application sent with signature required xpress post
    november: 12: Delivered and was signed for at Miramichi, NB.
    December 3: I can finally check my status online. The past few weeks it was not inputted into the system. On the application status on the website, it states : Application Received on: 2019-11-12.
    ------------------------------
    December 10, application was processed and they are sending the PAL most likely be today by mail. So from November 12 till December 10 was my approval timeline. Hopefully it gets here in the next week or 2. My online status is updated to : "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program".

NOTE: the individual on the phone has told me not all applications go through the CFO of a province and that some applications are selected at random and then have to be approved by the CFO. He told me my license is coming straight from new Brunswick to my address.

im in bc, pal+rpal application

nov 18: application recieved
    around dec 10: appeared online
    dec 18: called in, they said debit cards arent allowed so i gave them a credit card and they approved it, should be here in a week apparently (sadly ill be in mexico by then though)

thats a breath of relief after all the horror stories on here, got caught shoplifting and had a suicide "attempt" when i was 15/16 (10 years ago) as well