Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

The root of all evil, near Ottawa Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by user7362 View Post
    Hmm, might be different here in BC, but I took my course over a weekend, then sent in my application in on the following Monday (end of June) with a photocopy of the course completion certificate I got from the instructor. (Never received/heard about a stamped copy from CFO). My application is in process and not missing any info.
    edit: my instructor told us to just send copies of course certificates and keep originals in case they lose them.
    Apparently here in Ontario we don't get our certificate on the spot. It goes away and we receive it in the mail 4-6 weeks later. Lucky us! So thats why I was asking because wayyyyy back at the beginning of this thread it was suggested that we send it without the certificate and then send the cert once we got it. Basically if we wait we are 6 weeks behind in line from every other province even if we took the course on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrav View Post
    Apparently here in Ontario we don't get our certificate on the spot. It goes away and we receive it in the mail 4-6 weeks later. Lucky us! So thats why I was asking because wayyyyy back at the beginning of this thread it was suggested that we send it without the certificate and then send the cert once we got it. Basically if we wait we are 6 weeks behind in line from every other province even if we took the course on the same day.
    yes, you can even send your application before you take the courses, i mean you have to be confident you will pass for sure tho.
    yeah it is a common practice to send it before certificates arrive in ontario, just put something like "attached separately" in the proof attached section on your application form, or write a separate note saying you will send it in the future, this way you cut down your wait time by whatever fseso plans to hold on onto your certificates

Finally approved! AB RPAL application
    - received July 17
    - CC charged Oct 17
    - Approved today Nov 26
    - no references called
    Now to wait for the license in the mail.
    Hope this helps others with a timeline on what to possibly expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddawg View Post
    Finally approved! AB RPAL application
    - received July 17
    - CC charged Oct 17
    - Approved today Nov 26
    - no references called
    Now to wait for the license in the mail.
    Hope this helps others with a timeline on what to possibly expect.
    we mailed our apps and they got it aug 17. charged our credit card yesterday, dec 1. how do you know you've been approved?

i checked online but couldnt get a status yet. here is the website i went to:

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/...ferer=eCFISIWS

Mailed my application today, should arrive December 15th. Curious with the holiday season and more COVID restrictions being laid down how long it’ll take. I have a mindset of thinking early May, fingers crossed.

BC resident
    Application sent Aug 16th
    Cc Charged Dec 14th
    Called on Dec 15th to see if they needed any additional info and was told it shouldn’t be long till approved
    Application approved and license issued the next day Dec 16th

Waiting for it to come in the mail now.

Quote Originally Posted by user7362 View Post
    I've been checking the CFP applicant site regularly since sending in my application... today I finally see this

Application Received on: 2020-06-08
    Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
    Update: My wife got her RPAL issued on Dec 9, I'm still 'in progress'

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouverguns View Post
    BC resident
    Application sent Aug 16th
    Cc Charged Dec 14th
    Called on Dec 15th to see if they needed any additional info and was told it shouldn’t be long till approved
    Application approved and license issued the next day Dec 16th

Waiting for it to come in the mail now.
    Did they give you your PAL number over the phone? or do you have to wait until it arrives?

Waiting to do my course right now and found this guide, glad to know I should send in my application before hand in Ontario, very helpful post! Bump for posterity. Hope yall get yours without much headache.

delete delete
    Last edited by Gumbercules17; 01-28-2021 at 02:42 PM. Reason: forgot to reply with quote text