Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

My journey has finally come to a conclusion. I finally got my PAL today!

Registered for CFSC - 04/08/16
    Attended CFSC (non-restricted only) - 25/09/16
    Sent in Application (results to follow) - 03/10/16
    Application received by Miramichi - 05/10/16
    CFSC results stamped and mailed back to me - 16/12/16
    Results faxed to Miramichi - 19-12/16 (received on a Friday night, so I had to wait til Monday morning)
    License issued - 20/12/16 (this was fast)
    License received in hand - 29/12/16

The process from beginning to end to get my license was nearly 5 months. Nearly 2.5 of those months were spent awaiting my test results back and stamped, which took a lot of phone calls and emails to finally make happen...

Here is my timeline:
    Dec. 4/16 CF(R)SC course completed and passed
    Dec. 7/16 Application sent out via Canada Post
    Dec. 9/16 Application received at CFP in Miramichi, NB
    Dec. 21/16 Application appears on line. "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."
    Jan. 9/17 One Reference interviewed in the morning. In the afternoon, status changed to “Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued."

I was starting to wonder if there were any issues because none of my references were called. Then, this morning my buddy from work called me to say that he got a call from the Mounties. I checked when I got off work my status was changed. Now I just need that card in my hand, and some money in the bank :-)
    Only one month at Miramichi, including the Christmas holidays. I don't think I have anything to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by donaldrstewart View Post
    Here is my timeline:
    Dec. 21/16 Application appears on line. "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."
    Jan. 9/17 One Reference interviewed in the morning. In the afternoon, status changed to “Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued."

I was starting to wonder if there were any issues because none of my references were called. Then, this morning my buddy from work called me to say that he got a call from the Mounties. I checked when I got off work my status was changed. Now I just need that card in my hand, and some money in the bank :-)
    Only one month at Miramichi, including the Christmas holidays. I don't think I have anything to complain about.
    Congrats! I am still waiting for mine to appear online. All I get is a blank page.

Quote Originally Posted by donaldrstewart View Post
    Here is my timeline:

My application was received on Dec.9 2016 and showed up online on Dec.22 2016. I had one of my reference to call in on Jan.9 2017 because he was leaving for his trip next day. However, my status online still shows as "Completed initial process"... :/

Have patience... a well regulated system takes time to process and ensure the crazies are excluded.

I took my course and did not even send off my application until about a month or two after that, but all in all, it only took a month or so of processing once I eventually got my photo and sent it all in. However, I have heard stories of people taking up to three or four months of processing during busy times, but most people I know weren't counting either.

Also, I never bothered checking the online status so I am unsure of the exact timing, as I do not believe in rushing anything firearms related except online orders; rush me that bulk discounted ammo :D
    Last edited by Cannibowl; 01-11-2017 at 03:44 AM.

Was received on December 15th, processed 2 weeks later, and just got the notice that my license is approved on Jan 12th. Exactly 28 days.

Registered for CFSC/CRFSC - 23/11/16
    Attended CFSC - 26/11/16 - 27/11/16
    Sent in Application (results to follow) - 7/12/16
    Application received by Miramichi - 13/12/16
    CFSC/CRFSC results stamped and mailed back to me - 29/12/16
    Results faxed to Miramichi - 10/1/17
    License issued - 13/1/17 - Immediately after my reference called in my status changed to issued.
    License received in hand - Unknown yet

Registered for CFSC/CRFSC - 22 Sept 2016
    Attended CFSC - 13 Nov 2016
    Attended CRFSC - 16-17 Nov 2016
    Sent in Application (results to follow) - 18 Nov 2016
    Application received by Miramichi - 29 Nov 2016
    References contacted - 5 Jan 2017
    Application sent to Provincial CFO - 9 Jan 2017
    License issued - 16 Jan 2017 (Had to call the CFO to get that info though)
    License received in hand - Within the next two weeks

OVERALL: Not as long as I originally thought

Called RCMP, My application was received on Jan 9, 2017.
    Online status is showing:
    Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
    What is the next status change I will be expecting?
    My buddy has already bought a .22 Rifle for me using his PAL. Cannot wait to shoot my gun.
    I am in Ontario, what is the best strategy to have them complete my application at the 28th day mark?
    Thanks

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bonmotwang View Post
    I am in Ontario, what is the best strategy to have them complete my application at the 28th day mark?
    Thanks
    Read post #1 of this thread.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...=1#post4355676