Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Quote Originally Posted by SLToronto View Post
    Folks,

nobody can provide an answer to this?
    I think it depends since if you're being interviewed it will be coming from a local office. I wouldn't wait for them to call me. If I recall I was able to call a local office once it was in the hands of the CFO. This was 7 years ago so things may have changed

Edit: someone in another thread said it showes unknown name and number
    Last edited by MattM83; 03-29-2017 at 01:13 PM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

I called weekly to check on the status of my application and had my reference call in with my file number as soon as the file was open. Got the card a week after he called in

Application approved. Licence issued.
    Recap
    Mailed Feb 20
    Showed received Feb 24 on March 23?
    Called in next day and had one ref call
    Called in next day to see what the hold up was told photo needed to be uploaded
    Called in 2 days later. App is with CFO
    Called CFO to provide information on range membership. Very nice lady I chatted with approved my app over the phone checked online and was updated 2mins March 29

It's OK to be persistent.

Edit: licence arrived April 5.
    Last edited by MattM83; 04-05-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

A week passed since my RPAL was approved. Still nothing in the mail. #Siiiiiigh
    Last edited by Chefboubou; 03-29-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Showed up as "no caller ID" for me

Quote Originally Posted by Chefboubou View Post
    A week passed since my RPAL was approved. Still nothing in the mail. #Siiiiiigh
    Just got my card, 8 days after approval. I can't manage to get that smile off my face! :-))))

Thanks for all the information provided by this forum, I'd also share the time lines of my case, non-restricted.

- the application form mailed from Markham with test result by Feb 22, I also attached postal money order for the application fee, as instructed by my instructor;
    - Canada post tracking system indicated delivery date as Feb 27;
    - the application status posted online as initial processing complete, in progress on March 24, this period is rather long compare to other case, but no worry it does not affect the overall processing time;
    - the application status updated to the PAL issued on Mark 30, right after 28 days waiting time started Feb 27, and my references were not contacted.

Thanks,

Is this for both RPAL and PAL? My application was delivered the same day. I had my reference call last week and the lady on the phone said all information is good. Now I haven't seen any change from 'in progress' since that time .

Edit : missed the non-restricted part.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SLToronto View Post
    Still not sure if CP actually delivered or just fudged the records (happened to me once in 1999, CP lost my docs but recorded as delivered)
    OK, it did ... that's a relief ...

Feb 28 - sent by XpressPost from Toronto
    Mar 2 - arrived and placed on hold in Miramichi - business closed (got it confirmed by email from RCMP)
    Mar 3 - recorded as received on this date (see Mar 28 line)
    Mar 6 - status changed to delivered while I was on the phone with CP discussing the situation (private information potentially lost , etc),
    so was it actually delivered or they just made it up to avoid having to properly investigate a potential loss of PI, who knows?
    Mar 28 - application appeared online with Mar 3 as received day
    Mar 29 - called and was told to wait
    April 4 - called at noon and was told that the application is at the stage of checking references (it's R/PAL), I asked if it's OK to call them and they said "yes" and provided the extension
    April 4 - my reference called and answered all formal questions
    April 4 - called just before 5PM and was told that the application's approved and the card will be printed in a few days (online status is the same)

My on-going timeline:

March 13th - Mailed
    March 17th - Arrived
    March 21st - Called, was advised to wait 45 days for the application to appear online

Still waiting with no showing up online. My home town is "Thunder Bay" which is what I wrote on my app. However when doing the online checker I try my home town about 4 different ways just to be sure. Waiting for it to show up online has been painful. I have checked basically every day, twice a day. I cannot wait to go to the local Canadian tire and snag a Mosin or SKS or what have you.