Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Congrats! I'm also in Ontario, hoping my application will get processed just as quickly

Thanks Turbo1911. In my time spending reading posts here on CGN, the majority of cases CFP approves licenses on Tuesdays or Fridays. Maybe tomorrow they will approve yours
    Last edited by gg556; 04-19-2018 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Forgot smiley

Seems that processing is quite quick right now:

March 18 - I mailed my application (PAL/RPAL) via registered mail
    March 21 - Received in Miramichi
    April 23 - Call from RCMP to confirm credit card details. Said that the application is now being sent to provincial.
    April 23 - Status on the web says initial is complete and that it is in progress

Hoping to receive my card soon

mailed on 23 feb
    called in today. was told CFO spot a problem on my file. I put I own both restricted and non restricted firearm on the application . thats why they dont give me the liscense. stupid me
    they said they will correct it and resend it to CFO .
    too stupid of me , and why the CFO didnt send police to my house and take my gun if I report it myself ..

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mook613 View Post
    Seems that processing is quite quick right now:

March 18 - I mailed my application (PAL/RPAL) via registered mail
    March 21 - Received in Miramichi
    April 23 - Call from RCMP to confirm credit card details. Said that the application is now being sent to provincial.
    April 23 - Status on the web says initial is complete and that it is in progress

Hoping to receive my card soon
    I hope so!!!

I sent in a Rpal upgrade application (already have PAL) it arrived on Mar 23. Have not heard a peep or seen online. Using your timeline I should see it go live tomorrow. Its funny, with an upgrade there is no 28 day waiting period but it seems like timelines are the exact same.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

I'm upgrading my pal to rpal. I took the course 2 years ago but just mailed away for it recently. So, waiting game here.
    My real question begins here... My brother and I took our courses 2 years ago together, we both sent away for our pal, I got mine issued on day 28 but, to This day, he still hasn't gotten his.... 2 years! He hasn't gotten any letters saying he was denied, and when he calls, they say it's in progress. Is that possible or is he just never getting it?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandi_S View Post
    I'm upgrading my pal to rpal. I took the course 2 years ago but just mailed away for it recently. So, waiting game here.
    My real question begins here... My brother and I took our courses 2 years ago together, we both sent away for our pal, I got mine issued on day 28 but, to This day, he still hasn't gotten his.... 2 years! He hasn't gotten any letters saying he was denied, and when he calls, they say it's in progress. Is that possible or is he just never getting it?
    I would have contacted his MP a year and a half ago and made lots of noise until it came.

2 years is a problem. Its gotten forgotten somewhere.

Hopeful yours progresses better than mine. My upgrade from PAL to RPAL has been “in progress” for 55 days (38 work days). It took 50 days from when they received it to change to “in progress”

Yesterday I called to check status. I was informed it could be another 30 days. 105 days to date and could be 134 total.

I remain polite with them when calling of course as we don’t have much say. But I am curious what the 45 day period means. Is that 45 days from receiving application, 45 days from “in progress” and is the 45 day period only work days or does that include weekends?

I know many CFOs are understaffed or under budget constraints.

All this C-71 talk and not a lot of talk to increase budgets for the CFOs doing the work. I can’t imagine the workload these guys have.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteannerdy View Post
    Hopeful yours progresses better than mine. My upgrade from PAL to RPAL has been “in progress” for 55 days (38 work days). It took 50 days from when they received it to change to “in progress”

Yesterday I called to check status. I was informed it could be another 30 days. 105 days to date and could be 134 total.

I remain polite with them when calling of course as we don’t have much say. But I am curious what the 45 day period means. Is that 45 days from receiving application, 45 days from “in progress” and is the 45 day period only work days or does that include weekends?

I know many CFOs are understaffed or under budget constraints.

All this C-71 talk and not a lot of talk to increase budgets for the CFOs doing the work. I can’t imagine the workload these guys have.
    What province? Alberta is taking a long time these days. Ontario is fast on licenses but slow on transfers

Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    What province? Alberta is taking a long time these days. Ontario is fast on licenses but slow on transfers
    Saskatchewan here. I assume the eastern CFOs are better staffed or funded. No shock with population ect.