Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Quote Originally Posted by RNR291 View Post
    Mailed my application today, should arrive December 15th. Curious with the holiday season and more COVID restrictions being laid down how long it’ll take. I have a mindset of thinking early May, fingers crossed.
    Any chance your application shows currently received/processing on the RCMP self service page? I sent my application on December 28th and still no updates. Looking at this thread, it seems like the wait times are quite long...

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbercules17 View Post
    Any chance your application shows currently received/processing on the RCMP self service page? I sent my application on December 28th and still no updates. Looking at this thread, it seems like the wait times are quite long...
    No unfortunately not. I’ve been seeing people whose applications were received in the first week of October being processed. So maybe mid to late March if things continue at this pace. Possibly even get it mid April?

If this helps with timelines, I submitted my PAL application late march 2020, got license end of Dec 2020. RCMP site showed "in progress" since september 2020.

I mailed my application out 14 of march 2020 and got a call on the 24th of December from the RCMP asking me for a extra dollar because they razed the price
    the end of march. and she said to me she was passing it off to the CFO then still has not changed status. hope this helps out. this is what mine shows.

Application Received on: 2020-09-04

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

great help, thank you!

Update today wooooo
    Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Also received an update today, license issued. Firearms Officer for Alberta was fantastic, no complaints at all and I'm happy they did a thorough job.

Do they e-mail updates? Or do you need to log into the RCMP site every week to check yourself?
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andronicus View Post
    Do they e-mail updates? Or do you need to log into the RCMP site every week to check yourself?
    You will have to check if you get an email you probably missed something on your application

I submitted my license request in late October and got my license last week of Feb. This was for both restricted and non restricted.