Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Day 68-licence issued! Waahoooo!!!

Ontario Resident
    NOV 8 2018- Send in the Application Without test result, instead a notes around that box says the result will follow later (HAS NO CLUE IF YOU CAN JUST WRITE THE NOTES IN THE APPLICATION SHEET BUT I DID ANYWAYS)
    NOV 12 2018 - Received by CFP/RCMP in Miramichi, NB, according to Canada Post
    NOV 15 2018 - Try to log in and failed, seems my info not in the system yet. Don't know if my Place of birth seems odd to them.

Actually did my course in Feb this year, yet did not attend the test for some reason. Feel regret and just want to get the PAL in my hand before Bill C-71 in effect

Just wondering about this paragraph:

[For Ontario residents: you can send in your application before you get your stamped CFSC firearms course results back from the Ontario CFO and get the 28 day waiting period started earlier than if you wait and attach the results to the application. Questions 20(a) and (b) each have a box to check if the exam results are enclosed, so you would just leave that blank. Probably also worthwhile to include a note that exam results will follow. The 28 day clock starts once the application is received by CFC. If you wait until you get your 'stamped' safety course report(s) back you have added that to your waiting period, and it is often about 6 weeks.]
    Why is for Ontario residents only? I'm from Quebec so just curious...Also, once you get your results from the CFSC, you must send them in to the CFC, stating that they're a part of your application, correct?

Because you don't get ur results immediately, wherever you took the exams, they will mail the exam results to fseso and fseso will mail the stamped result back to you, after that you send everything alone with the stamped result to CFC. I believe in other Provencal you can get your result right after the exam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarkryptonite View Post
    Just wondering about this paragraph:

Why is for Ontario residents only? I'm from Quebec so just curious...Also, once you get your results from the CFSC, you must send them in to the CFC, stating that they're a part of your application, correct?
    Because you don't get ur results immediately, wherever you took the exams, they will mail the exam results to fseso and fseso will mail the stamped result back to you, after that you send everything alone with the stamped result to CFC. I believe in other Provencal you can get your result right after the exam.

Hey guys, I've read some contradicting answers across the web. Can I really call in to get my PAL number if it was issued? If so, so I ask the CFP or my CFO? I'm in Quebec Btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Physics View Post
    Thanks. I mean, the instructor told me I passed, but that's it, said he was going to send them to "Quebec", I didn't receive anything in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarkryptonite View Post
    Thanks. I mean, the instructor told me I passed, but that's it, said he was going to send them to "Quebec", I didn't receive anything in person.
    Don't know how things work in Quebec, but you should send result alone with Application. Call them and ask I would said.

Hey There

I'm a new user as well as a new potential firearms owner!

I'd like to know if the the wait time is going to be longer since my application was sent late October. Here the timeline as follows:

October 29th: Application received by Miramichi, sent via registered mail

October 30th: CFSC Taken, and passed

November 10th: Called RCMP to see if they got my application, they said since it was signed for, they got it

November 15th: Called again to ask for when I could see my application online, they said it would be about 3 weeks for the time the got my application.

November 20th: Checked online to see if my application is online, still not up.

I'd like to know if everything I did was on the up-and-up. I hope everything is going well, I wanna be able to get some holiday deals!

Thanks in advance

Here is my situation for PAL/RPAL application process (British Columbia):
    I don't have a criminal record.

2018-09-28 - Application is mailed at the post office.

Tracking number: ***************

2018-10-03 - Application received by RCMP in NB. Day 0
    2018-10-31 - Application shows up online. Day 28
    - Credit Card charged
    - Application #: ***************

2018-11-15 Day 43
    - Called to check status and ask about references and missing info
    - Updated the mailing address
    - Told that application was with the BC CFO
    - Told that references didn't need to be contacted
    - Man on the other end was very polite and very helpful

2018-11-23 Day 51
    - Called to check status again
    - Very helpful woman picked up the phone
    - told them I needed it for biathlon and target shooting
    - Put me on hold after saying that she would go ask about the status of my application

- Got transfered to somebody (Not the CFO) put on hold again
    - Told that due to high volume and more extensive background checks to wait up to 90 days from today
    to call again.