Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Ontario. Sent application with course scores by mail June 6, 2017 and received it September 28, 2017. RPAL no phone calls or tracking. 84 work days. 17 weeks.

My PAL/RPAL application was received by CFC on October 19th.
    Called today to inquire as to why it wasn't showing online at all. Nice lady said it is taking approx. 6 weeks for new applications to even show on the system. Will keep checking online and call again in two weeks.

My application has been received Aug 18 which is 93 days and still in progress. I've made a call around the (waited the 45 days which is their service standard) 50 day mark was told everything in order and application was with the province. Called back a couple of weeks later and told not with CFO long enough to worry, check back later.
    Called on day 92 and got transferred to local office. Told was assigned a couple of weeks ago and is now with a field officer. Said if don't hear anything within 30 days to call again. I mentioned I was already at the 90 day mark and she was quick to reference the 45-60 day standard and they were backed up. Interestingly I asked if she was located in Newfoundland and she said no. So seems they don't send applications to the same province/cfo you live in. I asked if I needed to have references call and was told no don't need to. What would a field officer do? To me sounds like a guy that goes knocking on doors (or in case of PALs looking for ex spouses, partners, etc). If they are attempting to track down my ex and can't reach her or she doesn't return a left message they have to wait a minimum 30 days from date they send out a registered letter (PAL Instructor's info). The process is surely not designed for speed but just a bunch of safety nets. 28 day wait before, 30 day wait for response from ex if less than 2 years separated.. guilty until proven innocent!

Not sure if anyone is interested in RPAL renewal time.
    Aplied online Nov 7th. Very quick and painless process, paid $80. Took a selfie of myself for the license photo. Still can’t believe I can submit my own picture.
    Nov 17th it’s approved and mailed.

My app (Ontario) was received in Miramich on August 14th, was told last week it is still not assigned to officer and it may take 1-2 more months for that to happen. So based on your post and the two above, it looks like ~ 4months is the current norm, at least for some of us. I've seen other posts whose apps were received later and approved earlier. That's my second time calling. Unless someone has a magic trick to offer, I guess we have to sit on our collective arses and wait.

Yeah but

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponHot View Post
    Not sure if anyone is interested in RPAL renewal time.
    Aplied online Nov 7th. Very quick and painless process, paid $80. Took a selfie of myself for the license photo. Still can’t believe I can submit my own picture.
    Nov 17th it’s approved and mailed.
    You are doing a renewal, they know who/how you are already. If you did something unlawful and your RPAL was suspended they would know. Really now you're just paying $80 for an updated picture.

Quote Originally Posted by NewfieWabbit View Post
    You are doing a renewal, they know who/how you are already. If you did something unlawful and your RPAL was suspended they would know. Really now you're just paying $80 for an updated picture.
    This is the government. Doesn't matter how you are already. That is the fastest I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by McHaggis View Post
    My PAL/RPAL application was received by CFC on October 19th.
    Called today to inquire as to why it wasn't showing online at all. Nice lady said it is taking approx. 6 weeks for new applications to even show on the system. Will keep checking online and call again in two weeks.
    Mine got there the 10th showed up today online

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritimer67 View Post
    My app (Ontario) was received in Miramich on August 14th, was told last week it is still not assigned to officer and it may take 1-2 more months for that to happen. So based on your post and the two above, it looks like ~ 4months is the current norm, at least for some of us. I've seen other posts whose apps were received later and approved earlier. That's my second time calling. Unless someone has a magic trick to offer, I guess we have to sit on our collective arses and wait.
    Ontario, Quebec and other opt-in provinces are going to be different from the opt-out provinces as they are RCMP only. So processing times are not always comparable.

Just wondering, when I called in today to check if everything was good with my application, they told me my picture was getting scanned and then it was off to the BC CFO. What happens once it’s at the CFO? Are they the one that does the background check and contacts references ?