Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_shamus View Post
    Wow dragon that must have been a pain to wait for. My BC app arrive in NB Aug 2, appeared online the 31st of Aug and was issued the 10th of Sept. I didn’t have to call and none of my references were contacted. This was for a first time applicant and I got a RPal.
    It was more confusing how once the application went off for scanning, no one seemed to know what happens after it reaches the CFO other than be patient and wait. I have a feeling though that it may just have been a case of my application being overlooked as once I started calling in more frequently things progressed quickly. I do now have my RPAL in hand, arrived in the mail today.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSpyre View Post
    It was more confusing how once the application went off for scanning, no one seemed to know what happens after it reaches the CFO other than be patient and wait. I have a feeling though that it may just have been a case of my application being overlooked as once I started calling in more frequently things progressed quickly. I do now have my RPAL in hand, arrived in the mail today.
    That’s good to hear. Not sure if it’s just BC being less populated or what, but it seems like the CFO out here just flies through the apps. Well congrats, hoping mine shows up Monday so I can get out and do some hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoney View Post
    Damn. I'm on the same timeline. Arrived on the 2nd, appeared online on the 31st. Had to send my test results though 14 days ago via fax. Still waiting for them to check their fax machine....
    I definitely don’t envy you Ontario folk, seems like a pain to deal with the test results after finishing up the safety course.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo.
    Sorry, I had to express my sadness a bit here..

Called in again today. After 15 days they finally processed by test results. My application was passed over to the CFO in Ontario today or yesterday..
    I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones that'll be waiting significantly longer, as it seems a few of you who have been approved in Ontario in under 40-50 days were never told it went to the CFO, and everyone else who's been waiting 4+ months HAS had theirs sent to the CFO.

Was told to call in 4-6 weeks if I don't hear anything. Day 44 for me right now.

Damn, feel your pain. Faxed my results on Monday, but I'm not past the 28 day waiting period yet, so not going to call until day 29. Just hoping I don't get some of that "special" processing.

Of course, you might see "License issued" early next week. Here's hoping.
    Member: CPC / CCFR / CSSA / NFR

Still waiting as of today, 18/09/2018, they received the application 25/05/2018.

In the hands of QC CFO... every time I call they tell me that my references and I should receive a call soon. It has been over 4 weeks since the first time I spoke with QC CFO.

UPDATE

I took the pal and rpal courses last November but only recently got around to sending in the paperwork so I won't include that in the timeline but here was the timeline it took for me to get my RPAL.

August 1st: completed paperwork sent to processing centre

August 15th: credit card charged and status appeared on website as "completed initial processing"

Sept 19th: status changes online to "your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. Allow 2 weeks for delivery..."

None of my references were called.

I'm pretty happy with this process. It was simple easy and fast. I might even say a little too simple easy and fast. I had thought it would be much more difficult.

Now what I'm wondering is, is the" application number", that shows up online going to be my RPAL number. Like would I be able to order a firearm online or begin a transfer before my card arrives using that number. I'd really like to buy my friends rifle before the weekend and get some lead down range this weekend

Safe shooting

CGN frequent flyer
    No Mgellis the application number is separate from your RPAL number. Just call them tomorrow and they will give you your licence number over the phone, I used mine to order some ammo on sale and it arrived before my card!

Approved today, 48 days in.
    Not bad considering I was missing info (test, 2 areas I missed) and also had an arrest in the last 5 years.

Called & got my PAL. Initiated transfer for my Wilson Combat AR15 & my P226 Legion. Can't wait!

QC here - upgrading from PAL to RPAL

Sent by regular mail - august 21
    Received at Miramichi - august 24
    Appeared online and CC charged - september 11
    September 19 - I called to know if everything was OK with my application (I was a bit worried because we have an extra form to complete in Quebec and the policeman decided to send it himself to the RCMP instead of giving it back to me so I could send it with my application) - I was told they got everything they needed and they are now scanning my picture and sending it to the QC CFO.
    I'll update this post when I have some news.