Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kberg View Post
    We mailed our stamped applications in roughly the last week of November 2018. They were received on December 6th 2018.
    Both my wife an I noticed that last week, week of Jan. 14th, money left our bank accounts bound to cover our licenses. I sent a cheque my wife used her cc, they called my wife to confirm something on her application. She confirmed it, they said that's all they needed.
    My questions:
    Is the payment the last step before they mail it out?
    Do the 28 (45?) days begin now or did they begin way back in December?
    OR Should we be receiving them snail mail at some point in the next couple weeks (I hope)?
    Your waiting period started on the sixth of Dec. but I think the 45 days starts from when your application goes online
    Last edited by GivenRight; 01-23-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks for helping me clear that up. As with others, we wish there was more clarity or at least the ability to track the process. Many thanks to you folks who put up with our stupid questions (although no question is stupid I suppose)

This is the most recent message on my account: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
    For those tenured, or who know the process out there, how far along are we in the process of getting it?
    Last edited by Kberg; 01-24-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kberg View Post
    Thanks for helping me clear that up. As with others, we wish there was more clarity or at least the ability to track the process. Many thanks to you folks who put up with our stupid questions (although no question is stupid I suppose)

This is the most recent message on my account: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
    For those tenured, or who know the process out there, how far along are we in the process of getting it?
    No problem. I am also around the same timeline as you guys. Received Dec 18, online with the same status as you as of Jan 23.

Realistically we can expect to get approved in the next 2-3 weeks IF your record is clean.

Awesome thanks! Yeah both clean as a whistle. That’s good news.
    One step closer to the Tokarev!

Im getting sooo frustrated !

Sent in my application and it was received AUGUST 30th 2018.
    I called and they essentially told me there was nothing i could do as its in the processing stage "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date"

I was like "thats all you can tell me? exactly what i can see online" lol! I just dont understand whats taking so long and they literally had 0 answers for me

Without getting into your business, do you have a colourful past that might slow things up? Are your references easy to get a hold of?
    Last edited by old_man; 01-25-2019 at 05:15 PM.

^^^
    Otherwise, get in touch with your MP.

No i actually don’t have anything interesting that would cause red flags! All my family menebers have had licences for literally decades but i know it’s based on you individually. Just getting kinda annoyed because i was hoping to have it before christmas and the sales but guess it really is just a waiting game lol

[QUOTE=robynmadison;15632631]No i actually don’t have anything interesting that would cause red flags! All my family menebers have had licences for literally decades but i know it’s based on you individually. Just getting kinda annoyed because i was hoping to have it before christmas and the sales but guess it really is just
    Last edited by jdmaks; 06-28-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Final time for North York, Ontario:

Mailed out application: 8th of Nov 2018
    RCMP received : 13th of Nov 2018
    Shown up online: 7th of Dec 2018
    Non-restricted/restricted result faxed in:8th of Dec 2018
    initial process complete: 13th Of Dec 2018
    Issued: 3rd of Jan 2019
    Received: 10th of Jan 2019