Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Well, certainly glad I am not the only one feeling the frustration in the system. They received my application July 10, 2017. Still waiting, constantly phoning. After the year mark, it went from call back in another 4-6 weeks, to 6-8 weeks, last call was a very nice lady and her suggested wait time was "just be patient". Yay BC CFO!.....yeah, no, not really. Good luck to all you others in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Steverz View Post
    Well, certainly glad I am not the only one feeling the frustration in the system. They received my application July 10, 2017. Still waiting, constantly phoning. After the year mark, it went from call back in another 4-6 weeks, to 6-8 weeks, last call was a very nice lady and her suggested wait time was "just be patient". Yay BC CFO!.....yeah, no, not really. Good luck to all you others in the line.
    I'm on the same boat. I took the course early Oct. 2017. I am told to call in every 4-6 weeks and every 30 days, if I call in 30+ days, they'll send a note to the CFO informing them I called. I've gotten all the usual responses. They're busy, they got an influx of applications, they're working on it. The last time I called, I too had a very nice woman. She told me that the CFO does have my application and that new applicants are usually scrutinized more and if they need to confirm information, they might pass it off to different departments to review. I told her I've seen people in the forums get their license recently within a couple months of sending it in. I told her that someone told me I should get a 'writ of mandamus', basically a court order telling the RCMP to give me an answer instead of stalling and taking their sweet time. I told her I don't want it to go to court and all I want to do is go hunting. I've gone through all the hoops to get my hunters number and tags and all that. All I need in my PAL so I can be a responsible person and supply my own gun and ammo and not have to rely on others to supply for me. she told me she will include that in the note to the CFO, and once they read it, they should act on it. If not, call in any time, and call back in 30 days to have another note sent. I'm hoping I get my license in time for duck season, and I'm hoping it doesn't go to court. But in a small way, I'm glad I'm not the only guy on the 2 year boat. Best of luck buddy.

CGN frequent flyer
    Got mine this past summer, both of my references were PAL/RPAL and PAL/HUNTER holders, no reference call nor did I get a call. Did take a bit longer than expected because of the "printer" issue.

Guess it is the luck of the draw

Quote Originally Posted by rmsg0040 View Post
    Got mine this past summer, both of my references were PAL/RPAL and PAL/HUNTER holders, no reference call nor did I get a call. Did take a bit longer than expected because of the "printer" issue.

Guess it is the luck of the draw
    I have heard that having references with their PAL/RPAL does make it easier. sadly, I didn't know anyone 2+ years with their PAL at the time. Oh well.

I have one reference who has a PAL, so we'll see if it helps at all. My application was signed for today. I'll give them a call in a couple of weeks and post updates.

CGN Regular
    Mine was processed a lot quicker than I expected. Both of my references have their PAL. Neither was called and I had the card in my hand about four or five weeks after sending the application in.

Update:
    RCMP Received my application Oct 31
    CC Charged Nov 4
    Application online "In Progress" Nov 4

I'm going to call later today or tomorrow to inquire about any missing information and see if I can do my phone interview. Still got lots of time before the 28 day wait is up, so my fingers are crossed that it will keep moving alone smoothly.

CGN frequent flyer
    Why would you need to call in and do a phone interview, they will call you if they need to interview you

Quote Originally Posted by rmsg0040 View Post
    Why would you need to call in and do a phone interview, they will call you if they need to interview you
    Mainly just calling in to make sure there isn't any missing info in my application. If they want to do an interview on the phone at the same time that is there call. The problem with them calling me, or my references, is that they show up as a blocked number, and most people, including myself, don't answer when the number is blocked, so calling in is the safer bet.

Update:

I received a call today while I was at work from an "unknown" number. It was the CFO requesting I call back when I can. I called back as soon as lunch break started. He wanted to inform me that my application was approved and remind me to keep the peace and be of good nature. Only took 25 months. But I've heard of worse timelines. And it's good to know that the RCMP are actually screening people. So YAY!