Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Application received 21 December 2016 (with payment included)
    Has been showing "Your application has completed initial Processing......." since mid January '17.
    Reference was called mid February.
    Called CFO office today and had a pleasant conversation, asked if any further info was needed.
    Was told all was complete and they would let the CFO know that I had called in.

I've been pretty pre-occupied and out of town a lot, so haven't had any time anyway and not feeling frustrated. But find myself check the status almost daily now..
    But as "Brand Newbie", I'll proceed as suggested here - politely. Of course.
    But more often as time passes.
    We the Willing, Led by the Unknowing, Paid by the Uncaring
    Have been doing so much, with so little, for so long
    We are now qualified to do anything, with nothing at all
    TUK U, McKinnley Bay '88

Jan 03, 2017 Signed Up For PAL Course

Feb 17, 2017 PAL Course
    Feb 18, 2017 Pal Exam Passed

Mar 06, 2017 CFSC Results Verified

Mar 21, 2017 Restricted PAL Course
    Mar 22, 2017 Restricted PAL Exam Passed

Apr 03, 2017 References Signed Application

Apr 20, 2017 CRFSC Results Verified

Apr 20, 2017 Application Sent Registered Mail

Apl 28,2017 Contacted Can Post re delivery

I think that Can Post may have misplaced (lost) the letter. This has been a grueling frustrating process so far. I hope the end is in sight before I get too much older.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarheim View Post

Feb 17, 2017 PAL Course

I think that Can Post may have misplaced (lost) the letter. This has been a grueling frustrating process so far. I hope the end is in sight before I get too much older.
    What does the tracking number tell you? Did you mail to the correct address?

Tracking # just says in transit. Green bar stuck in the same spot since last weekend. Mailed application in the official RCMP pre addressed envelope that came with the application..

Feb 17, 2017 PAL Course

Contacted Can Post. Still waiting for them to find the application letter.; I don't know whether I should send in another one. Then again that could lead to more confusion if they find the first application. Has anyone else gone through tis with Can Post?

wish i had done things a bit different, i discovered this thread late. it seems like forever waiting on this thing. you guys that have been stuck months-year have some serious patience. sent my fully signed with attached course results end of March(23). starting to wonder why its not online so i called. the guy said they are still opening mail from March, apparently a bit of a backlog so the 45 day target looks improbable. don't know if its even been received though so that is the most frustrating part. at least my 28 day wait will be over by the time they get to it, if canpost didn't 'missplace it'.

Quote Originally Posted by asduiysterter View Post
    I didn't use CP to track the envelope

Mailed March 20.
    Arrived March 25 (worst case assumption)
    Called in March 28 was told to wait 45 days
    March 28 - found this website and determined that my application should be online ~April 21

Reading the previous posts have been great since I too have been checking for my online status everyday. Hopefully it shows up around Apr 21

UPDATE: (I'm lazy so I didn't rush to get my reference to call in)
    April 21 Application appeared online and in progress (arrived on March 23)
    April 28 Phoned in and was told everything was good and to get one of my references to call.
    May 1 Reference phoned in. 10 minutes later license was issued and mailed. Expected May 12 at the latest...

Overall no issues. Once the 28 days pass your application will appear online. The worst part for me was not sending it in with tracking so I had no idea if it actually arrived or not.

yeah. just showed up online. 5 weeks from posting. not sending in registered mail was a mistake, but forgot that even existed till reading here. the not sure if it's lost or late or what was most annoying time. now i'm off to preload my shopping cart with potential fantasy builds at some of the many fine sponsor vendors. ha.

Contacted Can Post. Still waiting for them to find the application letter.; I don't know whether I should send in another one. Then again that could lead to more confusion if they find the first application. Has anyone else gone through tis with Can Post?
    Told by RCMP to wait a few days and if I wanted to send in another application its OK but attach a note stating that it is the second application. Glad I waited because the application resurfaced in the Mississauga Ontario sorting facility. Currently it is in Dieppe NB where ever that is. Expected delivery date in Miramichi NB, May 9 Not too bad, only a delay of 5 days Could have been worse. I should have sent the letter Expedited for an extra 10 bucks, they might have been more careful then again they might not.

Got ahold of the Ontario cfo that has my file and was told it hasn't been looked st and expect another 3-4minth wait. Went ahead and contacted my local mp. They got back to me lightning quick with forms to fill out and a positive attitude. Rather surprised as my local mp is a liberal. Will see if this spurs things along.