Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

I noticed the original post says it was written 20 years ago - does anyone know what the current wait is like in BC if applied for through a testing center at the same time as the course was taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    I noticed the original post says it was written 20 years ago - does anyone know what the current wait is like in BC if applied for through a testing center at the same time as the course was taken?
    It really all depends on how lucky you are, mine arrived March 30 only came online this Monday, the CFP tells me to allow 3 months but to call back next month for a status update. Some people who's arrived after mine have reported that theirs have already been issued, whereas other who have applied before me haven't gotten their either. It seems there is no order of operations, it's just when they get to it. Good luck and just be patient

Quote Originally Posted by KUSHMonkey View Post
    It really all depends on how lucky you are, mine arrived March 30 only came online this Monday, the CFP tells me to allow 3 months but to call back next month for a status update. Some people who's arrived after mine have reported that theirs have already been issued, whereas other who have applied before me haven't gotten their either. It seems there is no order of operations, it's just when they get to it. Good luck and just be patient
    Alright, thank you haha. I booked my CFSC for early next month, hope my PAL comes quickly

I've been checking the CFP applicant site regularly since sending in my application... today I finally see this

Application Received on: 2020-06-08
    Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Bit more of a delay than I expected, but glad it's in process

Quote Originally Posted by user7362 View Post
    I've been checking the CFP applicant site regularly since sending in my application... today I finally see this

Application Received on: 2020-06-08
    Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Bit more of a delay than I expected, but glad it's in process
    May I ask when you sent it in?
    Did you do it via registered mail?
    Mine was sent in June and the website still indicates they haven't started processing my application yet (plus they haven't charged m credit card)
    WOT

I sent our applications in via regular mail first week of June.
    My wife's application showed up 'processing' a week before mine did.

should be soon for ya!

I sent our applications in via regular mail first week of June.
    My wife's application showed up 'processing' a week before mine did.

should be soon for ya!
    if you dont mind, when was your cc charged, was it on the same day as your application showed up online?

CGN Regular
    Delete
    Last edited by EthanW; 09-25-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by username=null View Post
    if you dont mind, when was your cc charged, was it on the same day as your application showed up online?
    Sorry, can't say for certain. I noticed the charge a few days after it was posted to my CC, which led me to then check the CFP site.

Sorry, can't say for certain. I noticed the charge a few days after it was posted to my CC, which led me to then check the CFP site.
    Ironically my application was also received on 2020-06-08, and showing the same update. Can you pls update us if anything changes??? I will do the same