Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tomahawk pa2800

tomahawk pa2800

RE: pa-2800 Shotgun from Marstar.
    Anyone know how to disassemble this shotgun? It's my first, and the instructions in the small manual are very vague to say the least. I've sent some emails to Marstar for support, and weeks later I haven't heard back.

I want to remove the 'assist spring' from the pump as it is more detrimental than useful for this model.

From what I understand, I need to pull the pump back to the half way point and remove the screw on the magazine tube (that screw also holds a loop for a strap). At that point I am supposed to pull the barrel off.. Problem is that barrel isn't going anywhere - it's on there solid - also - the very same assist spring that I want to remove makes it very hard to hold the action open at the half way point while trying to pull the barrel off..

I'm also not sure if the heat shield is supposed to come off with the barrel (I've tried both and they don't budge).

So I'm stuck.. Any help?
    Last edited by TRexChomp; 04-20-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Fixing grammer

Update (while I talk to myself):

I still am unable to take my pa-2800 shot gun apart. I still haven't heard from Marstar support. The good news is that I'm not dumb. I had a smithy look at the shotgun today and he was also unable to figure out how to pull it apart based on his exp. with other shottys and the directions in the manual. I've found one other person on CGN who owns a PA-2800 and he is able to disassemble his with ease.

Until I can remove that assist spring, I don't feel comfortable taking this firearm anywhere with an action that can not stay open on its own.

I am beginning to suspect that I've been sold a defective gun.. which happens- cant expect everything to be perfect every time. But I'm a bit concerned at the lack of communication from Marstar's after sales support. I'm not sure whose email is broken.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    can you unscrew the magazine at the top and slide the hand guard off? Is the heat shield attached to the barrel?

Does it look like this one? Is there like a collar or nut right above the R in MarstaR?

Send John a PM, this isn't the first email to Marstar I have heard of getting lost. Maybe an issue with there email system. John is a good guy, I'm sure he will help

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php?u=13111

Or give them a call 888-744-0066

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    can you unscrew the magazine at the top and slide the hand guard off? Is the heat shield attached to the barrel?

Does it look like this one? Is there like a collar or nut right above the R in MarstaR?

Yes, that's the exact model - and the nut over top of the the R is correct. I took it off, but nothing will budge at all. It almost looks like the mag tube is threaded right into the guide/holder.

The magazine at the top is on there super tight if it is meant to come off.. I am considering a vice grip and electrical tape.

I think the heat shield is attached. I've tried pulling from the end of the barrel at the choke, and by gripping the entire thing with the heat shield.

I'll try calling John on Monday - I've already send emails to john@ frank@ and service@marstar.ca.. I think the phone might be the best way.
    Last edited by TRexChomp; 04-23-2010 at 07:03 PM. Reason: adding info..

On closer inspection, it almost looks like the magazine tube is threaded into the collar. I can't turn it by hand, Soooooooo I was considering wrapping it in a thick layer of electrical tape, getting my vice grips.. and.. well.. you know..
    Last edited by TRexChomp; 04-24-2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: cgn wont allow images. had to re-write without including photos.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRexChomp View Post

On closer inspection, it almost looks like the magazine tube is threaded into the collar. I can't turn it by hand, Soooooooo I was considering wrapping it in a thick layer of electrical tape, getting my vice grips.. and.. well.. you know..
    You can post the pictures to Photobucket, copy the direct link and then use the insert image button to post pictures on CGN.

It would probably be best to wait for Marstar's reply. No use breaking anything or scratching the gun up.

The magazine is threaded into the collar, however, it doesn't come off when you take the barrel out. The barrel (with attached heat shield) and pump will come off after you unscrew the lug with the sling loop

I finally managed it.. as it turns out my PA-2800 was really on there solid from the factory.. i slammed the pump back and (especially) forth repeatedly as hard as I could and about 15 pumps later it finally fell apart.

I took the spring assist out of the pump and now my PA-2800 Tomahawk operates like a normal shotgun!! Its much easier and faster to pump, and now I can take it to the rage because I can keep the action open!

Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Expired Business
    TREX CHOMP;
    May I suggest for the 10000000000000000th time that when you have a Marstar question you use one of the e mail addresses....

For instance in your case we would suggest service@marstar.ca or faster yet simply call our toll free number 1-888-744-0066 and ask for service....

Putting questions here simply delays matters, I was at sea for the past couple of weeks and did not read the CGN postings.

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast