Thread: Chaparral Rifles

CGN Regular Buffalo Creek Law Dog's Avatar
    Not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Chaparral Rifles

I always wanted a Chaparral Winchester 1866 copy in .357 mag. Marstar has them on for a good price however a couple of years ago there were a lot of negative comments on the SASS and CAS City web sites regarding Chaparral's quality, such as, fit and finish etc. and I was always hesitant on ordering one. John from Marstar said that they offer an iron clad warranty, so, I ordered one. It arrived this morning and I was amazed at the high quality of fit and finish, beautiful wood. As soon as I swabbed the bore and checked the screws, I went out side to try it out and low and behold a coyote went trotting across the field at about 150 yrds. The iron sites were set on the lowest position so I had to make a mental guesstimate. Missed him but, but scared the bejesus out of him. Shoots cowboy loaded .357 mag casings with 158 gr LSWC flawlessly. The action is a little stiff but, that will smooth out with use.

Would I recommend one for CAS, you bet, as mine is certainly a keeper. Going back outside to scare an old paint can.
    Last edited by Buffalo Creek Law Dog; 05-12-2010 at 02:15 PM.
    Wild Rose Country, Hey!...it's even on our license plates

Hey, post some photos when you get a chance. It is great to hear about the '66.
    "If you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk"