When can we expect the Mg34's ?

So just to get this right, they are semi-auto belt feed and non-restricted? How many rounds in the belt and it is those re-usable canvas belts? Is that all correct?
Thanks
Eric

Yes they are non-restricted semi-autos. Belts are made of metal (so they are reusable) and each can hold 50 rounds (you can clip many 50 rounds belts together).

These are historical WWII weapons so they are not cheap (around 4000 $).

Please do excuse my newbiness, but I want to get a few things straight for my self. Under Canadian law I can own a belt fed semi with no capacity limit on the belt, but anything that takes a mag is pinned to five. Am I missing something here? Who pulled these stupid laws outta their a$$.

Please do excuse my newbiness, but I want to get a few things straight for my self. Under Canadian law I can own a belt fed semi with no capacity limit on the belt, but anything that takes a mag is pinned to five. Am I missing something here? Who pulled these stupid laws outta their a$$.

Belts that are of the “belt” type consisting of a fabric or metal belt, are not a reproduction and were originally designed or manufactured for the purpose of feeding cartridges into a automatic firearm of a type that was in existence before 1945, are exempt from the magazine capacity regulations.

Apparently when a commons committee was hearing presentations re the forthcoming magazine restrictions, someone made a presentation about historic large capacity magazines, which the politicians accepted. For instance, you can own a 100 round bren drum magazine in unpinned form (I do :D ) but you have to pin the common 30 round Bren magazine.

I am hoping that someday someone brings in a legal semi auto Bren for sale in this country.

STENCOLLECTOR;
Thank you, you are right on..........

You are quite right, I have a full set of 100rds drums for my Brens, perfectly legal, all my 30rds mags must be pinned....
If you wish to go farther, my 1919a4 in .30/06 takes fabric or links, OK no problem, I have all the parts to convert it to 8mm Mauser again no problem since the links are pre 45, however If I use my 7.62 nato conversion I must link my belts short (5rds) since these links are post 45....
Who are we to question the wisdom of our fearless leaders....??

John

Belts that are of the “belt” type consisting of a fabric or metal belt, are not a reproduction and were originally designed or manufactured for the purpose of feeding cartridges into a automatic firearm of a type that was in existence before 1945, are exempt from the magazine capacity regulations.

Apparently when a commons committee was hearing presentations re the forthcoming magazine restrictions, someone made a presentation about historic large capacity magazines, which the politicians accepted. For instance, you can own a 100 round bren drum magazine in unpinned form (I do :D ) but you have to pin the common 30 round Bren magazine.

I am hoping that someday someone brings in a legal semi auto Bren for sale in this country.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea. That is obsurd lawmaking I tell you. I would love to own a Bren, or mg34/42, ohh who am i kidding, i would love to own all belt feds if money was a non issue.lol.

Back
Top Bottom