Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bad Year for the Edge

Wise changes IMO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    I applogise Jwirecom109 and stand corrected.
    accepted and don't worry i don't hold ill will against anyone, you were defending your home away from home, i totally understand.

Employers can never be truly responsible for every fault and eccentricity that an employee may have. Somethings just aren't knowable - as long as we are entitled to privacy, and abide the strict legal relationship between employers and employees - there are necessary barriers.

To counter balance some of the negativity in this thread, I am going to say that I am going out of my way to patronize TSE this weekend. I appreciate them being here in Calgary, and I always consider my time spent there as a fun reprieve from 'the real world'.

I wish I was buying an Aimpoint....but I do need some new ears.....

Hopefully others will rally around JR and the others at TSE - let's go blow some dough!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    I will no longer be doing business with TSE. I stopped doing business with Wholesale after their stolen gun fiasco as well. The fact the there is not a fail-safe method to control the inventory of restricted guns boggles my mind. This kind of thing does nothing but give the anti-gun groups leverage, and causes damage to our hobby. Also how would you feel if you or your spouse was a Police Officer and a bunch of illegal weapons were now in the hands of criminals and it was being brushed of as 'mistakes happen'. Sorry no second chances with me.

Clint
    Get your facts straight. These people did this on their own time - The Shooting Edge does background checks etc and is not psychic. There is no evidence that this involves missing inventory of the TSE.
    Member: CPC, NRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by t-star View Post
    all you newbies should get someone to tell you the FIRING LINE stories- this stuff is NOTHING - it sure DOESN'T BEAT BEING PUT ON THE FLOOR WITH SHOTGUNS AND HAVING THE ENTIRE INVENTORY STOLEN IN BROAD DAYLIGHT
    Lol... The good ol' days!

@JR: Good on you; you have my respect and admiration as a fellow enthusiast, former member (it's a hell of a long drive to your range these days...), RSO, CFSC Instructor and business owner.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Very disappointing to hear Mick was involved in this trafficking. I've always thought he has/had his head screwed on straight....I wish him luck in turning this around and getting his act together.

Hey, I live in Grande Prairie AB, but after reading about the issues that TSE was having, I decided to support them the best I could from up north, so I bought a SIG P225 off of him. I have been in his store once when in Calgary last Novemeber and was treated well, so I don't mind spending my money where I am appreciated.
    Way to many toys and the wife just found out how much they cost.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Just as an update: We closed the store on Tuesday and did a 100% inventory verification on our firearms.

Much to my glee, we can account for ALL! THe 16 guns in the news were NOT stolen from my inventory.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Regular
    Is it just me, or does that not seem like something the RCMP should have been able to tell you within 5 seconds by using their glorious registry? Barring of course if the serial numbers are not recoverable. From what I've read apparently criminals rarely do that, or if they try to they do a ####ty job and its easy to get the serial back.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by glock9x19 View Post
    Is it just me, or does that not seem like something the RCMP should have been able to tell you within 5 seconds by using their glorious registry? Barring of course if the serial numbers are not recoverable. From what I've read apparently criminals rarely do that, or if they try to they do a s**tty job and its easy to get the serial back.
    you can add acid to make the stamps visible to some degree- to truly "erase" a serial number, you have to be almost through the plate

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast