Thread: Ssd - k43 & fg42?

Ssd - k43 & fg42?

Will you guys be bringing in any of the new K43 and FG42's from SSD in Germany?

CGN Regular
    I spoke Wolverine at Hunt Fest in Edmonton on the weekend and they will look into it if you are serious and once confirmed you will require a deposit of 50%. On the FG42-2 that would be roughly $5000.00

Deposit is 5k? Total is 10k???

Super Moderator
    $10K is about what the ones were priced at when a few were brought in a while back.
    No idea what the price is for the K43s.

Expired Business
    WE WILL NOT bring in any further SSD products from Germany....
    Many issues with that firm, if we can't get support on a product we will not import it.

John

Ok. Glad you shared that info. Thanks John.

Expired Business
    KELLER;
    To make moint very clear

As you are well aware, Marstar warrantees everything sold here....
    We fully support our customers, parts, labour, replacement if required, etc, etc....
    BUT when we can't get parts or warrantee support from the producer we stop buying....

We also have pending legal action against the firm in question....

I would be very carefull about putting up any deposits to that company, (SSD) they are NOT what I consider reputable.
    John

CGN Regular

Not the best service.

I agree, SSD doesn't have the best service.

I have their version of the MP38 (works great), MKb 42 H (works but finicky) and one of the nine FG 42-I's imported into Canada (very inconsistent rifle).

Do they look neat? Yes.
    Do they allow younger collectors without prohibited licenses to own some good copies of historical weapons? Yes.

My complaint is that my MKb cost almost $3000 and doesn't work properly and my FG 42 cost almost $9500 and doesn't work properly.

The inventor is a switched on guy but a poor business manager. The company almost went out of business but was saved. Now there is the production side (one firm) and the sales side (second firm).

With this new partnership, service has improved. In that I could get import/export permits to send the rifle to Germany and back (pain in the rear) and they will fix the rifles. In they end, they decided to send me a replacement part as I would do the work myself, as a result I have been waiting five months on a warranty ejector, still with no joy.

Wolverine is the new dealer of SSD and is not happy either, waiting over a year on an order with no delivery. If they can get the new FG42-II it will cost $9000-10,000 CAN, the K43 will be $2500-3000 (price of an original on a good day).

If you go to the SSD website, you can go to their sales page and they have a price list in Euro's.

By the way, thanks to Marstar for there great service!