Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Gun Range in Toronto or Surrounding Area

BANNED
    Peel has been closed down for years!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum PE View Post
    I currently live in the westend of Toronto so I'm looking into the following places (still undecided):

Silverdale Gun Club
    No Indoor ranges
    Outdoor Ranges from 50yrds to 200yrds for pistol, rifle, shotgun, black powder & archery
    Annual Fee $240
    Seems to be very popular on this board, lots of ppl like it

Guelph Rod & Gun Club:
    Indoor 25m range (great for the winter, pistol calibres only)
    Outdoor 25m, 50m, 100m rifle ranges
    Outdoor Shotgun Trap, ISPC, & PPC ranges
    Annual Fee $250
    They have a buddy rule in effect (you cant show up alone and plink away)

Burlington Rifle & Revolver Club
    Indoor Range 50m
    No Outdoor Ranges
    Annual Fee $234
    Full membership is a lengthy process and majority of 'prime time' (weekday evenings, sat morning, sun morning & evenings) shooting is reserved for league shoots.
    It is the closest to the west area of GTA (except forest hill revolver club which i have not included in this list)

Hamilton Angling & Hunting Association
    No Indoor Ranges
    Outdoor 50m range for handgun, 100m for rifle
    Outdoor fields for Trap & Skeet
    Outdoor archery range
    Annual Fee $230 (for handgun & rifle ranges)
    All new members have to wait a year of probation to become full member. Ranges have various hours of operation, see website for more details, it might not align with your schedule.

Anyone else have their $0.02 to put in?

Silverdale Gun Club - very good rep.. well liked.. but outdoor only. Not anal

Guelph Rod & Gun Club - friends of mine are there and they like it. Not anal

Burlington Rifle & Revolver Club - some ppl like it here. (Skeetgunner).. has a rep for being anal.. though not the worst of the bunch for that. To be fair though I've not been there yet myself.. but the membership process is on the more annoying side for sure.

Hamilton Angling & Hunting Association - Indoor range.. has some guns avail on site (22's).. retarded membership process and Extremely anal. Very bad rep for pissing off many members with stupidity. Too bad too since it's only a few min from me. Oh and to be fair I've been there.... and was not impressed.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    I cant speak for Barrie or Oshawa but the Aurora Gun Club is a waste of time! Stupid qualifications, poor facilities, the president is weird and nonsensical, the cheif safety guy is super unfriendly... just rubbish! I gave them my yearly $350 fee (Jan 4) before I actually found out their qualification rules (they keep them hush hush in their membership handbook) and haven't gone back since. They took my cash, no refund, just lost my money for nothing. Cluck'em!

Target Sports may be more expensive but it's worth it.

You should post a copy of that info.. so others are well aware and don't get shafted. (The same goes for members of other clubs)

Really.. we all need to stick together and help make clubs better.. and ignore the ones full of FUDDs and nonsensical anal crap.

Quote Originally Posted by mlehtovaara View Post
    Peel has been closed down for years!
    thanks for the info on the Peel club...lol. I am very new to the shooting world(my RPAL gets mailed out this week). So most of the info I get on gun clubs is from the internet. I guess this is why a little knowledge is a dangerous thing..heh.
    Thanks again for the info on the various clubs everyone , appreciate it.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by fignut View Post
    thanks for the info on the Peel club...lol. I am very new to the shooting world(my RPAL gets mailed out this week). So most of the info I get on gun clubs is from the internet. I guess this is why a little knowledge is a dangerous thing..heh.
    Thanks again for the info on the various clubs everyone , appreciate it.
    Nothing wrong with info from the internet... in fact doing the research online esp here is very smart IMO.

Reality is there is a cost involved for all ranges/clubs.. so since you are buying something best make sure it is what you want and need first. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    I cant speak for Barrie or Oshawa but the Aurora Gun Club is a waste of time! Stupid qualifications, poor facilities, the president is weird and nonsensical, the cheif safety guy is super unfriendly... just rubbish! I gave them my yearly $350 fee (Jan 4) before I actually found out their qualification rules (they keep them hush hush in their membership handbook) and haven't gone back since. They took my cash, no refund, just lost my money for nothing. Cluck'em!

Target Sports may be more expensive but it's worth it.
    What kind of BS qualifications at Aurora would a new member be expecting? I was thinking about joining that range.

I like Target's facilities a lot. However, their ventilation system is piss poor so I'm not renewing. When you see gun smoke blow back in your face, something is not right.

CGN Regular
    Hello, my name is Vince. I am a troll

Please take a look at the other threads I have started that have been closed.

Please do me a favour......

FML

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguycalgary View Post

Please do me a favour......

FML
    Hmmm you might be right there!

CGN Regular
    Ya think????

I said the same thing twice earlier today and was bombed by another nutter about it.

Gimme a ####in break.

MOD- please delete this dude's account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skeetgunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguycalgary View Post

I did look at his other threads. All very newbie-ish, and NAA locked the ones that were covered elsewhere in FAQ's. Hardly troll-like. We were all new once.
    Skeetgunner
    CCFR, CSSA, DCRA, NRA, OFAH, ORA, SFCdT

"On days, like this. In times, like these. I feel an animal, deep in side."