Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson Day!!! Sept 26/ 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Paden Full View Post
    Went. Didn't see the BBQ, didn't feel like wasting a day standing in line. Took me all of 30secs to decide to leave. Just another reminder why I hate open houses and Manufacturer days. Big whoop about the deals. Not worth the stress and BS of trying to deal with a place packed over capacity.
    There's always one in the crowd eh?

1. BBQ was out back, if you spent another five seconds you could have simply asked ANYONE there.
    2. If you wanted a buy, there were plenty of reps around to take and process your order, $589 for a 9/40 M&P seemed like a good price to me.
    3. It was charity event for a good cause ( MS )
    4. If you know how busy these demo's are, why bother going? Almost no other ranges in ontario do these kinda events and with comments like yours, we'll be lucky if they continue to offer them.

I waited nearly an hour and half to shoot, but so what? Thats what comes with the territory at open houses. 30 bucks to shoot 22 rounds ( 10 - 9mm // 7 - 38spc // 5 - 223 ) was well worth it, the free bbq and proceeds to charity was icing on the cake. Lets not forget getting more unlicensed people interested in our sport is another huge oppourtunity for us to gain the respect we all want.

Do us all a favour, next time just stay at home.

Thanks again TS for putting this on!! I'll be at the next one, the one after that.. and ... ya the one after that!!
    Read -> Comprehend -> Post

Coming out and supporting the charity are the main focus. The shooting is just a reason to come out and socialize. I was in a hurry to hit the next timing so I just said hi to some people, In the past, I just gave away my shooting tickets to the new people and headed straight to the BBQ.

It is the crowd and the overwhelming support that reflect positively on us when TV crews showed up. Yes, they had CTV coming that day. It is people, a lot of people, that makes shooting a main stream activity.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Gave my tickets away too, but bought a M+P, just to piss off a liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    I see me in the video during the short clips of people firing! I didn't even know I was being filmed. I got a good laugh finding myself in your vid! :D Thanks for posting!
    Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one- Malcolm Forbes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 1895GS's Avatar
    Well worth the money for a good cause.
    BBQ was nice and the chef was a wiseass.:D

Even picked up two bricks of the CCI stuff.
    My friend got a M&P.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Cool, which one are you in the video?

It's a charity event for people who has never seen or touched a real gun before. That and he missed all the cute girls.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FMP View Post
    There's always one in the crowd eh?
    Yup, there is always a douche in every drug store. But I think he realizes the error of his ways since he deleted his post. Perhaps you could delete your quoting of it. The rest of the post will still be relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Cool, which one are you in the video?

It's a charity event for people who has never seen or touched a real gun before. That and he missed all the cute girls.
    I'm the fellow wearing the Remington ear muffs, mine own from home. lol As for the cute girls a couple of my friends who arrived after I had left brought a couple cuties with them but they aren't in the vid, maybe next time!
    Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one- Malcolm Forbes

Is it true

You are having another open house on October 17th, Glock Day. Please let us know so that we can invite and plan our schedules accordingly. By the way how much money was raised at the Smith and Wesson Day. I had a great time as always and brought along 5 new shooters all of them enjoyed it. I also purchased a number of tickets and shared them with the newbies to introduce them to the sport.
    Ruger P85/Springfield XD45 Tactical/ Springfield 1911-A1 Longslide/Glock 20 with KKM Stainless Match .40 S&W conversion/Smith and Wesson 686/Smith and Wesson 629/Steyr M-A1/H&K USP-9/Smith and Wesson 4506
    Sir Alan Sugar:Never underestimate me because you will be making a fatal error. I don't like liars. I don't like cheats. I don't like bulls**tters. I don't like schmoozers and I don't like arse-lickers.

Contributing Dealer Target Sports Center's Avatar

Glock Day Oct 17th

We are indeed having a Glock Day Open-House Sunday Oct 17th.

Same successful format:
    Doors open at 9am;
    $30 per person at the door gets you 3 coupons for test firing Glocks, plus an entry for door prizes and the grand prize (a Glock pistol if the winner is a PAL holder or a group package on the range for the winner and 5 friends);
    Free barbecue;
    In-store specials;
    Lots of people;
    Lots of FUN!

$5000 was raised for the MS Society, we are hoping to have the thank you certificate on our wall soon.
    Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288 Phone
    905-888-8688 Fax
    RANGE/STORE HOURS

• MONDAY-SATURDAY 10AM-9PM
    • SUNDAY & HOLIDAYS 10AM-6PM

[b]info@targetsportscanada.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast